Remimgton chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a PL-4 but this Remington is the loudest saw I own and I have quite a few.
7d2e085037d7d71609bbf148697e097c.jpg
b52a9bd16ce38d3d85a801d70a4f7593.jpg

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]

I believe my dad had same one. Ended up selling it along time ago to a guy who rebuilt it for a go cart. There was literally no mufer on it so much so that my dad called a Remington dealer to see of that was normal. The answer was yes lol. Thanks for the pic and reply. I'm possibly looking for a running Remington 59cc or bigger just for the exhaust note.

Anyone have a Remington pl4? Guy has one on eBay for 100$ plus shipping says runs good. I'm looking for a loud ear ringing saw and wondering if this would serve that purpose. I currently run echos and some Mac 610 and 650s
Any old homelite with a stack muffler would fit that description.

I have a Homelite mighty mite that i really love using. I need to replace the bar nut (maybe bar mount). What are the bar nut threads for mighty mite saws?
I am new to the forum.

I have a Homelite mighty mite that i really love using. I need to replace the bar nut (maybe bar mount). What are the bar nut threads for mighty mite saws?
I am new to the forum.
I believe the Mighty Might is a Remington product sub-name (weekender, bantam and so on) Homelite has a mighty lite according to the Google![emoji1787]

I believe the Mighty Might is a Remington product sub-name (weekender, bantam and so on) Homelite has a mighty lite according to the Google![emoji1787]

Right. They made a little black version of their xl series called Bandit. Wonder if that's what he's referring to?

No, mine is red and looks a whole lot like the homelite pics/product lines I have seen online. That being said, the case says remington on it. Thank you!
So many of the older saws mimicked each other back then that it confusing who made what first and what version am I looking at now..lol

Anyone have a Remington pl4? Guy has one on eBay for 100$ plus shipping says runs good. I'm looking for a loud ear ringing saw and wondering if this would serve that purpose. I currently run echos and some Mac 610 and 650s
Here is my old PL-4 saw which i bought slightly used in 1970. It has been a great saw, cut a lot of wood w it, and it still runs and cuts. This saw will totally destroy your hearing, you better be running muffs on yr ears coz the muffler on it does not muffle. Runs a 20” oregon bar with 3/8 pitch chain. 16/1 mix on this saw factory spec.
After almost 50 yrs of owning and running it, it is retired now. Still
In running condition but is fussy, could use some seals i am sure. Parts are not so easy to find now.
If you are interested in doing something with this oldie, maybe we can work something out, so let me know! Located in Michigan.

Attachments

• DFCE888A-BD88-48A6-9C6D-4D25DB5D08A5.jpeg
    DFCE888A-BD88-48A6-9C6D-4D25DB5D08A5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10
Does it have this style muffler???
See attached, no, its a little different. There is a baffle inside with lots of holes, but, still very loud.

Attachments

• 6604F8DA-2A8E-45AB-824A-D76B4C813553.jpeg
    6604F8DA-2A8E-45AB-824A-D76B4C813553.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
View attachment 939213
Oldest and loudest chainsaw I have is this one: blue Homelite XL101. Still runs today. Might as well have been straight pipe exhaust.
Holy crap! BLUE LIGHTNING!!!!!!! congrats on such a fine saw. I'm thinking on acquiring a pl4. Kinda got the fever for ear bleeders. The pl4 is what I can afford at this time...alot of setbacks this year unfortunately

View attachment 939213
Oldest and loudest chainsaw I have is this one: blue Homelite XL101. Still runs today. Might as well have been straight pipe exhaust.
I swapped my exhaust with a XL-102/103 style muffler, you can see the cylinder has a 3rd hole for it.
59a65cca275e0fd8a03e76a89b09940c.jpg
9fa7f91b8940cd52b486f4a93331900f.jpg

db0c71e1358611b0b52f12df8b086425.jpg

But why???
I still hear that damn thing occasionally. It was my dads, I fired it up last year. Fueled it, a couple of drops of gas in the carb. She fired on the second pull. I had forgotten just how bad it was. And the smoke, looked like the old military signal blue. But covered most of my property what seemed like an hour.

Latest posts

Back