Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,I've got an SL9 that's in need of a new clutch drum.Currently it has a spur sprocket on it now.I'd like to have a rim on it if possible.I have an IPL that I got on the Beg For Manuals thread & it doesn't have the clutch drum listed.It has everything but the drum listed.Currently it has a 3/8 sprocket on it.
Ed

Pretty sure my SL-9 also has 1/4" pitch, not sure on the tooth count.

20170916_135914.jpg

20170916_135934.jpg
Its an aggressive little saw

I have P6-259 here nos your welcome to for postage.

1/4”-9 tooth.
7561736cb758ac9c4d5d4f2e8bdaf86e.jpg

I just got another SL9 in the mail today with big brother Super 754.The SL9's recoil (so I thought) was in the box separately,off the saw.When I saw it I thought it looked a little odd.Later on I went back out to spray some carb cleaner into the recoil to get things freed up.Carb cleaner works great on those recoil assemblies,it loosens up the crud & leaves no residue on the friction washers.Anyway,I went to put the recoil on the saw & found that it was WAY too small.It must be for a Mighty Mite.So,I'm in need of a complete recoil assembly for an SL9.If anyone here has one to sell,I'd greatly appreciate it.
Ed

I checked the #'s on the sprocket drum & they are P5-387 which leads me to believe that it's a 3/8 pitch.I bought one on Feebay & hope it works for me.
The newest SL9 that I got the other day turned out to be an awesome mosquito fogger.I put fuel in it & in a few pulls it fired right up,but smoked like hell.It must have an auto-oiler on it to be doing that.I'll need some help in figuring out what's gone bad in it & repair it.

Where is the impulse oiler located under the starter?
Ed

Look for the copper lines. It's one of the fittings generally, doubles as a check valve.

I'm think this fitting might be next to the exhaust depending on the saw.

Of course, Carl is the real Remington guy. I know the Bantams OK, he knows the little guys.

Two styles of auto-oiler circuits were used. The first one employed a steel line from the crankcase or cylinder to the oi tank. The duckbill check is in the 90* fitting. PL-7 014.JPG
The duckbill is an odd size that is NLA
But, all is not lost if you can find a Lombard auto oiler check fitting as they can be repaired using a Poulan or Homelite duckbill.
IMG_0271 (Copy).JPG
Repair the Lombard check by pulling out the brass sleeve.
Lombard check 001.jpg
I used a self tapping machine screw to drag the sleeve out of the bore.

The second style of tank oil tank pressurization used a fitting in the common wall between the crankcase and the oil tank.
Oiler check 007.JPG
Easier to fix but you have to remove the cover and make a new gasket.
File or grind off the rolled edge holding the trash screen and remove tiny bushing.
Oiler check 003.JPG
Oiler check 006.JPG
The duckbill is held in position by the little bushing.

Latest posts

Back