Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Carl would you have an IPL for a Remington SL11? I'm going to tear the 2 I got down and need crankcase gaskets.
Sure did look like a Homelite XL when I tore it down!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That was me & I ended up getting a drum from that seller,but I only paid $12.25 for the one I got.I'm supposed to get it in tomorrow's mail.The one above might not be the correct one.I got an N237-A7.I don't know what the difference is between the 2.
Ed

The ‘A’ in the suffix is for 3/8” standard I think.[emoji848]

I have a Herr application chart on my desktop somewhere.

I’ll give it a look. [emoji1696]

The ‘A’ in the suffix is for 3/8” standard I think.[emoji848]

I have a Herr application chart on my desktop somewhere.

I’ll give it a look. [emoji1696]
I contacted the seller about the difference between the 2 different sprockets.Apparently the one I bought was a Logger drum,not an Herr.Here is his response:
"When I first came across the one you purchased, I had several N237 sprockets and compared all of them, some Herr, a NPA (Norman Prince), and the one you had. I could not find any difference between the Herr and Logger brand. The NPA had a different tone metal, probably more plating of some kind."
Ed

Found it!
Herr:
73d9b8d574da2133f0f293b87da1a4d5.jpg

I'm looking to buy a new bar & chain for my SL9,but I have no idea what the bar mount pattern is.Acres' site has nothing on the bar mount pattern.The bar that's on the saw now is an old hardnose.
Ed

Had some time yesterday to fiddle with the SL7A that I got from an AS member.
Carburetor rebuilt new fuel line and filter, last but not least a good cleaning and fixed the torn rubber grip on the side of the handle with super black rtv.
Made some cuts on hard pecan with an aggressive. 404 chisel but its definitely not oiling enough..... so I'll get into the check valve like you guys. We could start a club called the "SL check guys" Haha any way I wanted to know if it would run before getting into the other stuff , I discovered that I left the cotter pin out of the choke rod after about 10 pulls.

So after a quick observation of many of my saws I've come to the realization that manufacturers didnt use primer on the saws, therefore any attempt to wash them off aggressively removes the paint leaving me with crappy looking saws that now need to be painted[emoji3064]
I tried to clean one of my SL-11's and unfortunately removed a fair amount of paint.

So after a quick observation of many of my saws I've come to the realization that manufacturers didnt use primer on the saws, therefore any attempt to wash them off aggressively removes the paint leaving me with crappy looking saws that now need to be painted[emoji3064]
I tried to clean one of my SL-11's and unfortunately removed a fair amount of paint.

Yup , I'm in the same boat.

Latest posts

Back