Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, it was fitted. The bushing ID fit the duckbill and the OD fit snug in the check valve. The duckbill was sandwiched between 2 bushings with washer (so it wasn't squished.) The length was just enough to tighten the check valve cap snug. There are no drop it parts. He used a lathe to size the bushings. Bushings were had from a hardware store.

Like I said, it was fitted. The bushing ID fit the duckbill and the OD fit snug in the check valve. The duckbill was sandwiched between 2 bushings with washer (so it wasn't squished.) The length was just enough to tighten the check valve cap snug. There are no drop it parts. He used a lathe to size the bushings. Bushings were had from a hardware store.
Well I guess I'm screwed then.I don't have a machine shop at my disposal.I've got 2 of these SL9A saws,one I just got a few days ago & it runs like a champ,the other one I got 2 yrs.ago & it was supposed to run,but had the oiler issue.Is there any way to bypass or eliminate the auto oiler & just use the manual oiler?
Ed

And that potlikker didn’t share that with me.

[emoji6]

Well I guess I'm screwed then.I don't have a machine shop at my disposal.I've got 2 of these SL9A saws,one I just got a few days ago & it runs like a champ,the other one I got 2 yrs.ago & it was supposed to run,but had the oiler issue.Is there any way to bypass or eliminate the auto oiler & just use the manual oiler?
Ed

Plug the pressure line from the engine. [emoji106]

My son & I both looked for this linkage that you're talking about that goes to the trigger & we found absolutely nothing.Unless I have to take the FW & stator plate & coil off.
The IPL is useless as it's for the manual oiler only.I'd need some pics or very explicit directions to find out where this linkage attaches to the throttle trigger.
Ed

Here is one with the shutoff valve circled. Notice the zip tie around the valve stem.

View attachment 817374

Gads that pic is achient history. Original was taken 2013.
OK I had to have my son point it out to me in the pic (sorry,I'm visually impaired).Now I know where to look on the saws & hope fully I can get them oiling again.The manual oiler on the newest SL9A didn't work at all & I never tried the older SL9A.Doesn't matter to me how old the pics are as long as they'll help me.Lol
Ed

On a brighter note,I got my Super 754 running today.It didn't take much to get it going.I put a new fuel filter in it & gave it a few primes & it took off running.I hade to make a slight carb adjustment as it was set a bit on the rich side & wouldn't throttle up properly.I'm thinking of putting a 30 in.bar & chain on it.
Ed

Latest posts

Back