Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have seen that ball bearing and spring set up on some older saws when looking for parts. I also have been researching that decomp set up, other remington saws use it too, just I can't believe how loose it fits and that there is not a good seal around the rod. If bar oil is getting pushed out, then combustion can escape as well?

Well I messed around with my pl7a today. Got pretty far on my oil check valve issues..... but now I have weak and no spark conditions. It popped once right in the beginning and once sometime after. I will have to check the coil on a meter and if that checks out I will look at the points and replace the condensor. The saw was just running good a week ago :dizzy:I also primed the saw and changed plugs too while working on it. I couldn't see spark and had to hold plug to see if I was getting anything. It shocked me a couple times but not everytime.

That's a nice saw, real clean. It's been forsale for a month or 2. The owner posted it on a fb remington group, I almost bought it but they were talking crazy shipping prices, (60$) If I didn't already have 3 of them lol.
How much do they weigh? He’s local to me so easy pickup. I have a FedEx acct so it shouldn’t be near that much to ship.
I might talk him down on price :p

I will be back in the shop tomarrow to work on the pl7a problem child. Got the auto oiler plugged, so saw manual only now which is fine by me, but i lost spark. Besides testing the coil and checking the points, would bar oil getting onto the coil affect it?

Hi guys,have been busy on several other saws (non-Remy),& I'm in the "replacing crank seal mode".I've got an SL9 that needs at least one seal,so I looked at the IPL & it calls for only one seal on the saw.I know damn well that it has more than one crank seal,unless Remington had some ahead-of-their-time technology that I don't know about.I think it's a possible misprint in the IPL.I know a lot of their saws used the same seal on both sides.Anyway,does anyone know of a cross reference on the seal,part # 650191?SKF/CR,Timken,etc.I did a Google search & came up empty handed.
Edit:it seems there was more than one screw up in the SL9 IPL.There are too many numbers in the part # for the crank seal.It should only be 5 numbers.Take your pick,either 65019,or 65091.

Hi guys,have been busy on several other saws (non-Remy),& I'm in the "replacing crank seal mode".I've got an SL9 that needs at least one seal,so I looked at the IPL & it calls for only one seal on the saw.I know damn well that it has more than one crank seal,unless Remington had some ahead-of-their-time technology that I don't know about.I think it's a possible misprint in the IPL.I know a lot of their saws used the same seal on both sides.Anyway,does anyone know of a cross reference on the seal,part # 650191?SKF/CR,Timken,etc.I did a Google search & came up empty handed.
Edit:it seems there was more than one screw up in the SL9 IPL.There are too many numbers in the part # for the crank seal.It should only be 5 numbers.Take your pick,either 65019,or 65091.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3249761366...qcmV4WCQsS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Bruno,I appreciate you looking for me on Feebay,but that was only one seal.The other one for $19 is ridiculously priced.I should be able to get an aftermarket seal for around $5 from my bearing house.I'll be making a call today for other seals for my Homie saws & when I find the aftermarket seal I'll post it here on this sticky.
Edit:I found a better deal on Feebay for the seals @ $4.99 each,but who knows how old they are?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384251273787?epid=2044693703&hash=item597729223b:g:5~IAAOSwVxxg3NQp

Bruno,I appreciate you looking for me on Feebay,but that was only one seal.The other one for $19 is ridiculously priced.I should be able to get an aftermarket seal for around $5 from my bearing house.I'll be making a call today for other seals for my Homie saws & when I find the aftermarket seal I'll post it here on this sticky..
No problem, keep us posted. I'm always nervous that the seals will start failing in my saws. I have 10 or so remington saws, and have not split the case on a saw yet. So I pray alot that they never need replacing or bearings.

Anyone know the differences between the 82/88 cc saws of the 1960s? Bantam, 65 75 660 663 754 770 773. They seem to all share the same frame and most parts. Was there any significant rpm or hp differences? Seems what I can find is 660 82cc had 3.5 hp and 754 88cc had 5hp

Bruno,I appreciate you looking for me on Feebay,but that was only one seal.The other one for $19 is ridiculously priced.I should be able to get an aftermarket seal for around $5 from my bearing house.I'll be making a call today for other seals for my Homie saws & when I find the aftermarket seal I'll post it here on this sticky.
Edit:I found a better deal on Feebay for the seals @ $4.99 each,but who knows how old they are?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384251273787?epid=2044693703&hash=item597729223b:g:5~IAAOSwVxxg3NQp
I found this seal under Remington interchange.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-135148_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220612-135148_Chrome.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 0
Hey fellas, there's a guy selling nos D096 Bars on ebay for good price, I got a 40" for $114 shipped and a 32" for $100 shipped. He has quite a few bars for sale. View attachment 997474
Got a link?Remington takes a D176 mount bar & for the older saws a F014 (very difficult to find).I don't know if a D096 will work in place of the F014,but it will work in place of the D176.

Back