Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if the automatic oiler oils all the time on a remington like sl4a, or pl7a? I know it uses crankcase/cylinder pressure to oil with. Thanks fellas.
It should by design, its one of the reasons major manufacturers went to the clutch gear drive pump.

Does anyone know if the automatic oiler oils all the time on a remington like sl4a, or pl7a? I know it uses crankcase/cylinder pressure to oil with. Thanks fellas.
There is a shutoff valve connected by link to throttle trigger.

One must loosen the tank cap to ‘burp’ pressure or it will continue to seep.

I bought a Monkey Wards 4.0 back in the spring & couldn't get it to oil at all.It's got an automatic oiler (garbage IMO) & a manual oiler too.Must I have the saw running in order for the manual oiler to work?Can I bypass or eliminate the automatic oiler?I 've done bypasses on SL9s by using a zip tie.I couldn't get the manual oil pump button to depress at all.Today I pulled the oil pump plunger & spring out & it was clear inside,so I put it back together & now it depresses,but doesn't pump any oil.I put some Goof Off in the oil tank to dissolve any sludge that might've been plugging the oil pick up.

I bought a Monkey Wards 4.0 back in the spring & couldn't get it to oil at all.It's got an automatic oiler (garbage IMO) & a manual oiler too.Must I have the saw running in order for the manual oiler to work?Can I bypass or eliminate the automatic oiler?I 've done bypasses on SL9s by using a zip tie.I couldn't get the manual oil pump button to depress at all.Today I pulled the oil pump plunger & spring out & it was clear inside,so I put it back together & now it depresses,but doesn't pump any oil.I put some Goof Off in the oil tank to dissolve any sludge that might've been plugging the oil pick up.
Ah I see, still no luck. That stinks. Did you pull the fitting and look at the oil filter? I bought a couple off ebay to have on hand. Guys say they get nasty and won't let oil flow. I'm still a newbie on things, but I have done alot of reading. I just had to refix my pl7a duckbill again, it tore. And boy when it fails expect all the bar oil in the cylinder in about 30 secs

Ah I see, still no luck. That stinks. Did you pull the fitting and look at the oil filter? I bought a couple off ebay to have on hand. Guys say they get nasty and won't let oil flow. I'm still a newbie on things, but I have done alot of reading. I just had to refix my pl7a duckbill again, it tore. And boy when it fails expect all the bar oil in the cylinder in about 30 secs
I'd like to know how to pull the oil filter (pick up).I saw a couple of small screws that look to hold a plate on just under the muffler.Is that the access plate?

I did plug the tank but I couldn't find the right plug for the cylinder, so I found a plug that went onto the compression fitting somewhat, it did work ok on the pl7a but I did end up fixing the check valve (multiple times) the pl7a check valve is totally different sizes than a sl4a. I bought a tank assembly just for the check valve and it was different size than what I needed

I'd like to know how to pull the oil filter (pick up).I saw a couple of small screws that look to hold a plate on just under the muffler.Is that the access plate?
I'm not sure, all that I know is that there's a small rubber tube that connects the filter to the fitting coming outside of the tank. I have a parts tank I can disassemble tomorrow and can find out how. The filter may slide out the hole the 90° tank fitting screws into. The filter was alot smaller than I thought after purchasing on ebay.

Wow it's cold out lol, well I got some pics, I pulled the fitting and was alil too rough and fell off, but the new filter can be inserted into the hole, very carefully while turning. I guess the broken piece can fall out of tank once oil cap is removed. I believe this is 59cc saw with auto oiler 20221028_202821.jpg20221028_202947.jpg20221028_203004.jpg20221028_203039.jpg

That duckbill check valve is a sob to get working right, lots of trial and error, if not working expect a half guart of bar oil to be pushed into cylinder pretty quickly and there won't be any 🦟 in a 500' radius🤣

Back