Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your going to collect Remington's of that style, you need to get used to dealing with those ball and spring check valves as well as the rubber duckbill check valves.
Yea I have a PL7A that I had to do a bunch of stuff on to get it to oil. What a pain lol.

Afternoon fellas, here's the issue I believe, this hole where the oil adjustment screw goes I cannot get any flow to head out even using a runner tipped air gun, I can manually use the oil plunger and it comes out that hole but once I screw in the oil adjustment screw the manual oiler will not budge yes I am not turning it all the way in if it's almost all the way out it will skirt past the threads and come out there but once I turn it in anymore the plunger won't budge atleast the plunger has a good seal, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks😁 @Modifiedmark @cbfarmall @67L36Driver @edju1958 @Maintenance supervisor @ray benson IMG_20230715_121546596.jpg

I got it omg 🤯 had to disassemble everything and blow out with air gun brake cleaner and then fogging oil now let's see if I can put it back together again lol View attachment 1097618View attachment 1097619
I had the same issue with a Lombard a few months ago, someone reassembled the saw with the check valve in backwards!
I find all kinds of debris in oil pumps though.

Have a chance at a super 990 in decent shape complete. What's the going rate on one of those these days

I would make sure it is complete. Not going to find many parts for these saws. Even the 770s arw tricky, likely to reducing to finding parts saw. Fortunately, in the case of my S990, most of the chassis parts seem common with 770s, handles, tank, left and right sections. I want to say the clutch is larger but shoes are out there if you know how to search FM clutches. Really, the piston and cylinder are the impossible bits.

I would make sure it is complete. Not going to find many parts for these saws. Even the 770s arw tricky, likely to reducing to finding parts saw. Fortunately, in the case of my S990, most of the chassis parts seem common with 770s, handles, tank, left and right sections. I want to say the clutch is larger but shoes are out there if you know how to search FM clutches. Really, the piston and cylinder are the impossible bits.
Yea here's the pile for sale L to R 770 770 990 received_1006553020357569.jpeg

Back