Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely is the Remington style. What troubles have you had? Mine are pretty reliable, spring is a bit tougher that the FM style. Winding it can be tricky but I have a couple manuals that lay it all out.
Yea the spring breaking and not knowing how to disassemble and reassemble lol. I took one apart to fix and it did not go good and now it's in pieces in a box.

Patience and kroil. You can't know until you get it in your hands. Problem is pulling the piston means a 100% tear down of the saw. It comes out after the crank.
Would you buy it lol them 990 are harder to come by than Mac 125 I even seen a wankle Dayton and a solo twin come up recently but never a 990 this is the first one I have seen for sale in a super long time

Figures this turd looking 660 I bought for parts has a pristine piston lol I would of never of thought it's a early 660 too Remington recoil and a small muffler like bantam or super 65 I wish this Mac I boughts piston looked this good i will probably make it run now lol IMG_20230729_121756_01.jpgIMG_20230729_121428289.jpgIMG_20230729_121350_01.jpg

Latest posts

Back