Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I will not do that I got to thinking about the clutch springs ( if any ? ) and decided that heat was not a good idea.I guess I will have to make a spanner wrench that is how the clutch comes off.I have a couple for my 4" grinders but they are not large / strong enough to do the job. What did you use for a wrench set up to take yours apart?

Fellows - I am going to pick up this box-o-saws tommorrow, seller says he has a few additional items for me as well.

I will get them spread out so you can see what is there, then let me know if you are interested in anything.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

heimannm
Fellows - I am going to pick up this box-o-saws tommorrow, seller says he has a few additional items for me as well.

I will get them spread out so you can see what is there, then let me know if you are interested in anything.

The upside down yellow/white Wards.:blob2:

Fingers crossed so it be a SL-10.

Here they are guys, if you see something interesting send a PM and we can see what happens.

Carl, look carefully and act fast as I will be driving to St. Joe next week and could bring a few along if you wanted to have a look.

Mark

I see three of the mid size SL-9, 14, 16 or 10 Remingtons that are very interesting. And, a r.h. start Bantam type.

So excited I could just pee in my pants.

We can trade 'stuff'.

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me what available drums will fit my PL7A? My spur is so shot it feels like a mismatch in pitch between the chain and spur. I see several PL6 spurs on fleabay that look identical, and hopefully the seller will get back to me with measurements to confirm.

For what it's worth, my new PL7A seems to run pretty well. Of course, the check valve in the oiler elbow was gone and motor smoked like a locomotive. I used a Mac duckbill, honed out the bore on the elbow so it would fit and put it back together. Motor runs better and it seems to be oiling.

If I can find the right spur, I'll put this saw thru its paces.

Chris B.

Can anybody tell me what available drums will fit my PL7A? My spur is so shot it feels like a mismatch in pitch between the chain and spur. I see several PL6 spurs on fleabay that look identical, and hopefully the seller will get back to me with measurements to confirm.

For what it's worth, my new PL7A seems to run pretty well. Of course, the check valve in the oiler elbow was gone and motor smoked like a locomotive. I used a Mac duckbill, honed out the bore on the elbow so it would fit and put it back together. Motor runs better and it seems to be oiling.

If I can find the right spur, I'll put this saw thru its paces.

Chris B.

Got pics. of the setup? Dimensions of the Mac duckbill? I have two SL-4's that I had to plug the auto-oiler pressure line. Original Rem. duckbill is around 5/16" dia. x 1/2" long.

I have seen the PL-6 sprocket/drum on evilbay and wondered the same thing.

Got pics. of the setup? Dimensions of the Mac duckbill? I have two SL-4's that I had to plug the auto-oiler pressure line. Original Rem. duckbill is around 5/16" dia. x 1/2" long.

I have seen the PL-6 sprocket/drum on evilbay and wondered the same thing.

If all else fails, I'll grab one of those PL6 drums and give it a shot. Sure look like they'll work.

Far as the duckbill, here's a picture of the 2 parts before I opened the bore on the elbow. Overall dimensions of the Mac duckbill are .330 x .530, roughly. The big diameter of the Mac part fit snug, but I had to open the elbow so it wouldn't squeeze the duckbill open. I kept the fiber washer and screen under the cap and put a little motoseal around the outside of the new duckbill.

I was too into the project to stop and take a picture of the finished check valve before I put it all together.

Chris B.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back