Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barbara counts saws. Kind of like a suprise inspection by the senior drill instructor.

She was peed when the Pioneer 3200 came in the mail last week. Celebrated that I lost the bid on the PL-7A.

I have an SL-10 from Mod. Mark who got it from Ed......................................Thanks fellas!!!

Hey everyone. It'll probably sound like a dumb question but where is the model number on remington chainsaw? I have my fathers old saw Im looking to get going for him again. Did a little searching and from some of the old literature people have posted and acres site and it appears to be a sl-14 or sl -16. The deal is still legible on the starter housing says 46 cc. Anyone have any ideas?

SL-9, 14 and 16 are all very much alike from what I can see. Nothing to get in a sweat over. SL-10 is same except larger bore for 50.5 cc.

I have a couple Wards/Remy SL-9(ish) if you need anything other than p&c. Just let me know.

As far as i can tell the only things obvious are the air filter is missing and the clutch cover is broken.Im sure it'll need all New lines and maybe a carb(or at least a carb kit), should probably give the piston and cylinder a peek see what shape they're in . From what he told me some guy ( "friend" of the family) going to tech school long ago took it apart for class and it hasn't been the same since....leaks all over and seems like everything was left loose. If you had extras laying around and wanted to part with them maybe shoot me a pm? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

attachment.php

Nice Mall.:msp_thumbsup:

That has a different trans the most due.
What is that lever for? How do you loosen the clamp to turn the trans?
Do you have any more pics of it?

Seems a little slow around here... but I'll change that.

Got a Mighty Mite... sure it definitely isn't a big Remington or Mall, but it belongs here anyhow. Cleaned up real well, and just needed the points and spark plug cleaned. Barked right to life.

Before:

attachment.php

attachment.php

After:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Still have to sharpen the chain and clean the bar and bar mounting/clutch area. Then it'll be ready to prune some apple trees or something.

Kyle, ain't it fun when you get a saw that's actually an easy fix?

I'm thinking that little Remmy would be a great saw to take wheeling, hunting, or what have ya where you just need a plain old reliable little saw.

It's funny you drug this thread up just now. I just hauled my 754 Super downstairs for some carb work. With a little luck, I'll have it up and running tonight.

Kyle, ain't it fun when you get a saw that's actually an easy fix?

I'm thinking that little Remmy would be a great saw to take wheeling, hunting, or what have ya where you just need a plain old reliable little saw.

It's funny you drug this thread up just now. I just hauled my 754 Super downstairs for some carb work. With a little luck, I'll have it up and running tonight.

I love easy fixes. This little Remmy and the 250 are the two saws so far that have been best to me. Heck, the 250 didn't have any fixing that needed to be done. Don't get me wrong, it is fun in a whole different way to completely rebuild a saw from the ground up. The parts chasing can be fun too. Sometimes.

Good luck with the 754 Super... that sounds like a saw everyone should have.

Good luck with the 754 Super... that sounds like a saw everyone should have.

Yeah! If everyone had one, it wouldn't be so hard to find a good drive sprocket for it. Mine's pretty toasted, but will be good enough for occasional GTG use if need be.

Results of the carb rebuild are inconclusive tonight. I need to stop at the auto parts store and get some 1/4" fuel line tomorrow. The one on the saw is toast. Maybe I'll be able to find 1/4" Tygon, dunno.

I do like the "upside down" carb mounting. It's nice to put a gasket kit in without pulling the carb. I was ready to swear loudly trying to get those carb nuts off without tearing down the saw, but it looked pretty clean inside when I pulled the carb apart, so I let sleeping dogs lie. Maybe it'll bite me tomorrow, and I'll be back to square 1, we shall see.

I just picked up one of those Mighty Mites in traditional Monkey Wards colors. Looks in decent shape. Compression fills good. I"ll look at it later in the week.

Back