Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a Mall 7 clucth I have the clucth drum on bar but no clucth itself. Can any body help me find a mall model 7 clucth? Thank you for your help.

Here's your pix ...

247992d1344552387-2012-08-09-12-23-39-jpg

247993d1344552388-2012-08-09-12-23-26-jpg

Remington

I'm guessing that this banner is very rare, but I'm not sure.

1960s 70s Vintage REMINGTON Chain Saw Banner Show Banner Dupont | eBay

My mom just told me about a gas Remington chainsaw that runs with a 18 or 20 inch bar on a online auction website that she goes on a lot. Someone had bid $21 on it. She asked me if I wanted it..so I figured what the hell, and told her to put $25 on it. Well I got it. Not sure if I should have because I know nothing of Remington chainsaws. I only thought they made electric saws. I know that I love their rifles and shotguns tho. :biggrinbounce2: She said it is a 46cc. Thats all I know :laugh: So did I get a good deal? Thanks

My mom just told me about a gas Remington chainsaw that runs with a 18 or 20 inch bar on a online auction website that she goes on a lot. Someone had bid $21 on it. She asked me if I wanted it..so I figured what the hell, and told her to put $25 on it. Well I got it. Not sure if I should have because I know nothing of Remington chainsaws. I only thought they made electric saws. I know that I love their rifles and shotguns tho. :biggrinbounce2: She said it is a 46cc. Thats all I know :laugh: So did I get a good deal? Thanks

Looks like it says SL-0 or something?

probability it is an SL-9. Others are an SL-14 or 16.

18 or 20 is way too much bar for 46cc.

Cross your fingers it will have a cute 15" roller nose bar.[/QUOTE]

Yea it is a SL-9. have any specs on it? Thanks
http://auction.repocast.com/details.cfm?ID=964951

Here it is. Looks like at least a 16in. Sure hope it runs. Says it was untested...

Last edited:
That one looks like it'll need cleaning of the points, at the most, to run. Might not need a carb kit or anything else. Just be sure to check the fuel line in the tank for a filter, and see if the line is somewhat supple or hard as a rock. If it's the latter, replace it.

Just bring it home, check for spark, and check the fuel line. It might not need anything other than some good mix to run.

Last edited:
Copied from the auction site description:

"Remington 46 CC Chainsaw and (1) Remington Chainsaw Electric Torch Hose, untested, in used condition with scattered nicks and scratches.

:confused:
OK, someone educate me about the "...(1) Remington Chainsaw Electric Torch Hose...."

Copied from the auction site description:

"Remington 46 CC Chainsaw and (1) Remington Chainsaw Electric Torch Hose, untested, in used condition with scattered nicks and scratches.

OK, someone educate me about the "...(1) Remington Chainsaw Electric Torch Hose...."

You got me by the 'nads..............................????????????????????????????

Anyone have or know of a place that I can get a fuel line for an SL11?

IIRC, the pickup line is accessable with a needle nose pliers from the fuel tank fill opening. It has no actual hose from tank to carb. but the steel tube is pressed into the tank wall near the reed seat. The carb. has a passage in its' face that matches up and the tank/carb. box/handle gasket seals it up.

Best guess is 1/8" i.d. tygon will get the job done.

I use this:

attachment.php

Found at a flea market.

Back