Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remington 754

Just picked this up, today. It's in pretty good shape overall. I do need to replace the top cover. Someone had "repaired" it with spot putty. May also need some recoil stuff. You have to snatch it pretty quick to get it to engage. And of course, the muffler screen:dizzy: Anyone have any of these for parts????

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is a Remington Pneumatic, Model 1-P.

Is that the one that has been on Ebay? I've seen two different types on there. One like that, and one larger. It would be interesting to own one, but they are always going for outrageous prices.

Last edited:
I can only imagine a pneumatic chain saw would take a absurd volume of air to run... I can do a number on my compressor just running an air drill, or ratchet.

-Tim

Is that the one that has been on Ebay? I've seen two different types on there. One like that, and one larger. It would be interesting to own one, but they are always going for outrageous prices.

Yes it was just on ebay.

Nice!! What kind of PSI does it take to run a pneumatic saw?

Here's a nice $$$$ one:

remington pneumatic chain saw 6p | eBay

This one runs at 90 PSI. I hooked it up to my compressor.
The little motor screams but its gear reduction so the chain spins slow.

The Remington Super 990 is sought after for two reasons. For Remington collectors, it's the largest saw Remington made. In general, because it's over 100cc.

I lucked into it on Craigslist, it was only up for a few hours.

It took a week before we could finally meet up, but the seller was a super nice guy and removed the ad as soon as we traded emails. Then he met me halfway and saved me 2 hours of driving.

Must be all the clean livin'. :D

Latest posts

Back