Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas,
Probably needs a good points cleaning.
Use a good puller to remove the flywheel.
hate to see any damage to that crank.
Screw the nut on half way before you pull it.

Lee

Uncle Lee, that's the hope and the plan. I grabbed 3x 1/4-20 bolts earlier today to use with my puller and didn't stick them in my pocket right away. Left them sitting on the bench at work. :(

6fa585d4a63915484606306b57290316_zpsa63c268e.jpg

2bc0c1f700d2d5ad32cd6e1e6562bbaf_zpsc10f2fd4.jpg

8dce0a6cea59bea8d1d66bd39f581cda_zps6eeec61f.jpg

Points were set at like .010. Reset to .020 and we have spark again. Ran out of daylight and ambition.

Wake up!!!

Hello.....is there anybody out there??? Guess I'm gonna have to drag out an old Remington or Mall and take a mug shot before it goes through transformation. In the meantime, somebody post something....the thread's getting a little stale:msp_confused:LOL

I moved out all of the Remington's that I had accumulated, but you may know something about that...I could post some before photos but I don't have any after's.

attachment.php

Mark

I used one of powerheads from the 2MG saws I got from you to build this saw.
It was in the best overall shape. I think I used the 2MG right there by your right hand.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A pic. of one of Mark H's after it found a home here:

Pro 88. Far upper right corner missing clutch cover in Mark's picture.

attachment.php

But, you all have seen it since. It provided many, many hours of entertainment.

Still have the GL-7 project. Gave up on it as it needs a crank. Postage has gone up so it is in limbo.

Last edited:
Much better

Now that's the way you do it!!!! I'm slobbering all over myself lookin at them ole war horses. I headin' out to the warehouse to crank somethin' up right now! Thanks youz guys! Hey Carl, you wanna part with that GL7?

Now that's the way you do it!!!! I'm slobbering all over myself lookin at them ole war horses. I headin' out to the warehouse to crank somethin' up right now! Thanks youz guys! Hey Carl, you wanna part with that GL7?

Yup, willing.

Postage would be in the low thirtys I expect. Heavy.

It's set up with the Wico coil. But, I lost one of the pole lamination clips. http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/202230.htm

I have an I.E.L. model RA to take its place in the 'lineup'.

Last edited:
Now i'm motivated

Well you've got my courage up, so I guess it's time to tackle SAWZILLA. Looks like a challenge to me.:msp_scared: But I ain't sceered....just another day in paradise. She's only been sitting out in the elements for 50 years:msp_wink:
View attachment 293549

That's a pretty unusual piece of Mall equipment you've found there! I've done some pretty risky things in my day, but I can't imagine tearing through the brush with one of these land clearing saws.....

I bought three old Malls from a nice gentleman last fall, a 2MG, Model 7, and Model 11- all three ran with no effort other than adding some fuel. Not unusual saws so much but all are in decent original condition and the stuff that came with it is pretty cool. The owner's father had bought the saws new and saved all the manuals, sales/parts receipts, correspondence with Montgomery Wards, and four bags (labelled for each saw) containing parts, Mall tools, etc. Also shown are Mall boxes with chains that had been sent back to the factory for repair/sharpening. There's some 12A stuff in there too, that saw had gotten away at the family's auction years before. I'm new to adding photos to this site, forgive me if they're not right. Not all that computer literate..

Yup, but the scary part is; all the wear on the blade, indicates that somebody was brave (or crazy) enough to use it A LOT! :msp_ohmy: Pretty sure I won't be putting it into any wood.:laugh:

It might be fun to run at an Antique Farm Equipment fair.......in a controlled & secure environment. That said, I have no idea how somone could run it safely.

Very cool cutting tool :msp_thumbup:.

Back