Remington Mighty Mite... labeled as a Monkey Wards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE=When I was a kid my mom was after dad to cut some trails through the woods so she could ride her horses,he came through the door on night and handed her one of those.Trails never did get cut.I used it quite a bit branching when I was cutting firewood and fence posts 30 years ago.It and the 82 Remington boiled gas.Period.One of the best Rem techs in the country said that's just the way they are.I used those and a 65 Rem.The 65 was a great saw I plum wore it out.

I have the deluxe version with the compression release to help pulling that monster motor over:laugh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OOOOHHHHHhhhh.

Yeah I had inherited a bunch of them and a few had some small parts robbed off them already, hope the muffler made your saw whole again. I have 4 good running ones and two that need ductbills in the oiling system to make them fit to run again. One is a near new one that came to me in its original case, not a mark on it and likely had only a tank or two of fuel put through it. I backpack one into the backwoods with me on fishing trips, makes windfall clearing easier and finding enough campfire wood much easier chore.

You run it at 80 to 1 gas mix? The cap on mine says 16 -1 gas mix. When I first tried to start mine I used lawnboy mix at 32 - 1 and it ran hot. Only way I could keep it running right was to mix it 16 - 1. What type of oil are you useing?

You run it at 80 to 1 gas mix? The cap on mine says 16 -1 gas mix. When I first tried to start mine I used lawnboy mix at 32 - 1 and it ran hot. Only way I could keep it running right was to mix it 16 - 1. What type of oil are you useing?

Both of mine run really smokey, probably victims of the oil duckbill issue. I mix up a few gallons at a time of premium non-ethanol fuel with AMSOIL Sabre Synthetic, mixed at close to 80 to 1 according to the bottle recommend, I've been using it for about 5 years. I have a Homelite 360 Pro, Husky 51, these two Remingtons along with string trimmers, blowers, little 2 cycle rototillers, two mopeds and an old '76 SkiDoo sled that all use the same mix. Have not had a problem with anything since I started using the same mix in everything. I think the premium gas is important, keeps things running cooler. I cut about 4 full cord of wood every year for firebox in the house, the only time I ever had a problem was when son filled the Husky with regular gas- no oil- he learned how to replace a piston and cylinder jug the next weekend from that experience.

Latest posts

Back