Remington Pl-4

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawhomelite

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought a little Remington pl-4 in VERY nice condition. I have a leak in the gas line from the carb to the gas tank fitting. Does anyone know what I need to do to get at that line?? I can see the fitting going into the tank INSIDE the handle bracket. I can feed the new line through but there is NO way of getting at it to get the new line on the hose barb. Do I need to dismantle this saw to change a FUEL line?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought a little Remington pl-4 in VERY nice condition. I have a leak in the gas line from the carb to the gas tank fitting. Does anyone know what I need to do to get at that line?? I can see the fitting going into the tank INSIDE the handle bracket. I can feed the new line through but there is NO way of getting at it to get the new line on the hose barb. Do I need to dismantle this saw to change a FUEL line?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think this was another Achilles heel that Remington had (the other was their automatic oilers).Yes,as far as I know you'll have to tear the entire saw down to replace the fuel line.I believe the PL4 was manual oiler only,so only one oil line to disconnect.You'll need to remove the carb,flywheel,coil & points stator plate assembly,the 4 screws that hold the rear handle on,& 3 bolts under the flywheel that hold the fuel tank on,also forgot to mention the front carry handle must come off too.I know it sounds overwhelming,but if you take your time you can do this without a problem.I had to do the same to my SL11.If you need help just ask.

Latest posts

Back