Remington SL4 oiler question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bama

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Karlstad, MN---Where the earth meets the sky.
Not exactly one of the saws that I am going to spend $$ on, but I am fixing it up to give to my friend as a backup saw. I got it running great, but the oiler puts out a pittance. I tried adjusting the automatic oiler with the screw above the clutch cover with no luck. I tried the manual oiler and it spits air and maybe a drop of oil every once and awhile.

Just for fun, I stripped this saw down and noticed that the pickup filter for the bar oil may be dirty and the plunger o-ring has a wear spot in it. Anything else I should look for? Any weak spots that usually need to be looked at on this saw. I realize it is no Jonsered, but it is fun to work on!

Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

Your on the right track with changing out the O-ring. youll also want to remove and clean out all of the oil lines/passages. Spray carb cleaner both ways to ensure their clean.

My 925 wouldnt oil worth a damn when I got it, cleaned the oil lines and found them clogged with wood chips.

Now I do this for every old saw I pick up and plan on using.

Oh yeah, the auto oiler started working too......

Back