Reopening my shop, I need chain, spinner/breaker, grinder, etc...where to buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After 4 years out of the game, Im reopening my at home shop this month, fully liscensed and stuff of course. Ive got my 4 stroke and large OPE stuff in order but now Ive got to concentrate on my handheld things...Obviously I need the best price without having to stock a ton of stuff, Im thinking maybe Albhorn for forester bars, and carb kits?

But Im also going to need a simple spinner and breaker, and some rolls of chain, Im thinking Ill start out with 3/8-.050LP, .325-0.050, and 3/8-50...anything else Ill have to order a loop...but those 3 cover 95% of saws around here. Where is the best price on 50 foot rolls?

Ive spent hours comparing chain grinders, Ive looked at pretty much all of them...Im liking the Speed Sharp Star Bailey's - Speed Sharp Star Chain Grinder Any opinions on this?

Also where is the best price on Tygon line?

When I was in business before, I had an Oregon dealer in town that gave me stuff at just over cost, like all shops in town...but their parent company went under 2 years ago, so now Ive got to find other venues to get my parts and supplies.

Congrats on losing your mind and jumping back in!!!!:rock::rock::cheers:

Sometimes stuff just dosn't wash off, and you're stuck with it.:laugh:

I wish ya luck the enterprise.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Ohhh no your back j/k...lol...welcome aboard again. Go Echo!!!

I sold my Echo...actually sold off almost all my saws. It was getting a little ridiculous.

I sold my saws, a good chunk of my collection of Sideshaft engines, my Garden Tractors...

I took the proceeds and bought this ....
musta3.jpg

if u want to get your shop opened back up you may want to grab a more neutral avatar.

Aye Lass...

I love stihl stuff...Ive made a good bit of money selling used stihl OPE this past year.

Sold an FS55 for 150...
Sold an 025 parts saw for 75
Sold an MS260 Pro parts saw for 125
Sold my 08-S for 350 not running
Sold a blower..dont recall the model, not running, sitting 5+ years, filthy..good compression, for 150.

People just got to touch it..it says Stihl and and go into a trance and they got to touch it, once they touch it, they gotta buy it.

what do yall think on Fuel lines? Ive used Tygon but the crap only seems to last a year before its shrunk down and leaking...is there any alternative? Im not seeing any.

what do yall think on Fuel lines? Ive used Tygon but the crap only seems to last a year before its shrunk down and leaking...is there any alternative? Im not seeing any.

The oregon line looks like tygon, but it is not close quality wise. You need to try some real TYGON, it will say it on the line.

The oregon line looks like tygon, but it is not close quality wise. You need to try some real TYGON, it will say it on the line.

Oh i only use Genuine Tygon line, The oregon stuff is a joke.

Best wishes Tommy,

You always seemed to do best working for yourself.

Oh i only use Genuine Tygon line, The oregon stuff is a joke.

The have rehashed thier entire line in the last year. Modified Mark had a thread a while back about replacing the lines on all 931 of his saws because of ethanol rot, and had a bit of a discourse with the Tygon folks that had to address the pending 15% ethanol.

If you buy older stock, it wont be as resistant to ethanol. Same with Husky and Stihl OEM lines.
I gotta admit I was skeptical, but so far so good on the one tygon line and two OEM lines from the new stock.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Aye Lass...

I love stihl stuff...Ive made a good bit of money selling used stihl OPE this past year.

Sold an FS55 for 150...
Sold an 025 parts saw for 75
Sold an MS260 Pro parts saw for 125
Sold my 08-S for 350 not running
Sold a blower..dont recall the model, not running, sitting 5+ years, filthy..good compression, for 150.

People just got to touch it..it says Stihl and and go into a trance and they got to touch it, once they touch it, they gotta buy it.

Dayuuuum Red, good to see you back in AS town... We had some good loughs about your love for the Echo and other stuff....

Good to see also that you got wiser with knowing what brand really sells well ;)

I don't think they have the combo deal anymore:msp_ohmy::frown::frown:

I just checked the website and it looks like you are right. There are several Oregon sets on Ebay right now you may want to keep your eye on. I bought both myself but in all honesty I rarely use the breaker, I tend just use a flat file on the rivet heads and pop the link with a screwdriver.

The have rehashed thier entire line in the last year. Modified Mark had a thread a while back about replacing the lines on all 931 of his saws because of ethanol rot, and had a bit of a discourse with the Tygon folks that had to address the pending 15% ethanol.

If you buy older stock, it wont be as resistant to ethanol. Same with Husky and Stihl OEM lines.
I gotta admit I was skeptical, but so far so good on the one tygon line and two OEM lines from the new stock.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Then I guess its worth looking into. My problem is, some cases..the fuel line replacement is extremely involved, like my Tanaka, you have to split the entire crankcase in half (gas tank, oil tank, crankcase, cylinder removal, etc...to put lines in it. Ive got TYgon from 4-6 years ago in it now, and the line is so hard Im afraid to touch it because I know its going to shatter. The saw has maybe 3-4 tanks through it in 5 years, inexcusable.

I was putting new lines on Echo trimmers, and 6-9 months later Id be putting them on again as the lines had shriveled up and the seal @ the 3 hole grommet was too loose.

Dayuuuum Red, good to see you back in AS town... We had some good loughs about your love for the Echo and other stuff....

Good to see also that you got wiser with knowing what brand really sells well ;)

The fastest sales were my mint Husq. 350, I sold for $375, and my Echo CS-520, sold for $350

I still swear by the Echo stuff, Ive sold my Echo ED2000 Drill, but I still have my SRM-210...love that beast.

My next saw will likely be a new Echo 530 or 600Pro...not that I need it.

I sold my saws because I have no trees, at all, anywhere.

After 4 years out of the game, Im reopening my at home shop this month, fully liscensed and stuff of course. Ive got my 4 stroke and large OPE stuff in order but now Ive got to concentrate on my handheld things...Obviously I need the best price without having to stock a ton of stuff, Im thinking maybe Albhorn for forester bars, and carb kits?

But Im also going to need a simple spinner and breaker, and some rolls of chain, Im thinking Ill start out with 3/8-.050LP, .325-0.050, and 3/8-50...anything else Ill have to order a loop...but those 3 cover 95% of saws around here. Where is the best price on 50 foot rolls?

Ive spent hours comparing chain grinders, Ive looked at pretty much all of them...Im liking the Speed Sharp Star Bailey's - Speed Sharp Star Chain Grinder Any opinions on this?

Also where is the best price on Tygon line?

When I was in business before, I had an Oregon dealer in town that gave me stuff at just over cost, like all shops in town...but their parent company went under 2 years ago, so now Ive got to find other venues to get my parts and supplies.

Chain Buying Options

Latest posts

Back