Replaced primer bulb because it was punctured. Now Dolmar 420 is worthless.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConnieFrances

Reaction score
I never had a single problem with this 420 that I purchased in 2007. First pull on choke and switch over to run. Now, this new bulb has caused it to be out of whack.
When starting it dies, no performance. I have cleaned out everything. I got it to run while on choke only and then it started smoking. I read about H and L then I inadvertently turn H knob too much one way or the other no way it is right, I did turn the L one quarter counter clock. Help if you can, needly appreciated. Con

If the only thing changed was the bulb the lines may have been installed backwards. Do your carb screws have plastic caps on them with ears to limit how much they can be turned? If not run both in until slightly seated then back out one full turn. Should get you close enough to run.

If the only thing changed was the bulb the lines may have been installed backwards. Do your carb screws have plastic caps on them with ears to limit how much they can be turned? If not run both in until slightly seated then back out one full turn. Should get you close enough to run.
Hey cuinrearview, thanks for responding. If those lines were backwards, could it start still? My carb screws where blocked, except for idle. I took the blocks out of H and L. and turned the H quite a bit back and forth because I could not feel anything change in tightness or seated. Adj carb through the H or L you say there is a limited amount of turns? And will that screw come out of its place on the carb if overturn/underturned. I can sharpen blades, change spark plug, mix gas and oil. I didn't know about this stuff.

Back