Replacement bar aftermarket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zinger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What are good the good brands and what are the ones that should be avoided?

Um, Stihl makes good bars.....

Glad that's settled.:greenchainsaw:

+2, can't beat the the good ole ES bar.

But i also have some oregon powermatch bars, and they don't seem to hold um near as well. But they get the job done, just a little more PM required with them.

Last edited:
I use Stihl and a close if not indiscernable second is the GB Titanium or the "Orange bars". I think think they are cheap and tough as anything made.

It is very difficult to beat the GB prices at Bailey's, when my Stihl bars die off I replace them with the GB's.

My opinion,

Sam

Bailey's Bar Selector

Ok,

I am a little biased here, but a good way to price shop bars is using our Bar Selector. Simply put in the make and model of your chainsaw and you will see nearly every major bar type available except Stihl.

www.baileysonline.com/barselector.asp

Good Luck,
Nik

i find for pro Stihl sawz the pro solid bars work great. for the other non Stihls i would say in this order, Cannon,Windsor,Oregon work. i several oregon bars that have the old style three rivet tip that i keep using, i have the tips for them if they go bad. solid bars are the only one i use for pro work non solid bars are for homeowners:clap: :chainsaw:
:cheers:

Our sales facts

Here is the popularity of professional solid bars here at Bailey's.

1) Oregon PowerMatch
2) Windsor Speed Tip
3) Woodland Pro
4) Oregon Lightweight
5) Carlton Premium Sprockettip
6) Windsor Dura-Tip

In the Laminated bars

1) Arbormax
2) ArborPro
3) Oregon Pro Lite
4) Carlton Timberchamp
5) Oregon Double Guard

Thanks.

Also, is it true that the bar should be flipped for an even wear?

It can help, especially if you are applying cutting pressure on the same place on the bar. Maintenance with a flat file will go a long way also. The best way to make your bars last longer is to run a properly sharpened chain. Dull chains tend to get very hot when forced through a cut, and the heat damages your rails, sprockets and of course the chain.

1) Oregon PowerMatch
2) Windsor Speed Tip
3) Woodland Pro
4) Oregon Lightweight
6) Windsor Dura-Tip

In the Laminated bars

1) Arbormax
2) ArborPro
3) Oregon Pro Lite
4) Carlton Timberchamp
5) Oregon Double Guard

I'm really surprised the GB bars aren't in those lists somewhere.
Hell, your GB prices are less than 1/2 what we pay in the country of origin. As one old chainsaw rep pointed out to me a little while back, it's cheaper for us to buy GB bars from Baileys and freight them back into the county than buy them here. :jawdrop:

GB (Stens) is having a hard time supplying us in quite a few sizes, so actual shipped sales are small. We have only offered the product for approximately 7 or 8 months now, so the numbers are certainly lower than the products that have been around for years.

I'm really surprised the GB bars aren't in those lists somewhere.
Hell, your GB prices are less than 1/2 what we pay in the country of origin. As one old chainsaw rep pointed out to me a little while back, it's cheaper for us to buy GB bars from Baileys and freight them back into the county than buy them here. :jawdrop:

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: Thats some funny ****!

The Total Super Pro is such a nice bar. I love the clearcoat bare metal finish.
GB is next on my list

1) Oregon PowerMatch
2) Windsor Speed Tip
3) Woodland Pro
4) Oregon Lightweight
6) Windsor Dura-Tip

In the Laminated bars

1) Arbormax
2) ArborPro
3) Oregon Pro Lite
4) Carlton Timberchamp
5) Oregon Double Guard

If money was no object.........wonder what the order would be then.

Gary

Back