Replacing fuel lines, better performance?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Softdraw

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does this make any sense? I run a Poulan Pro pp5020AV, one of the older yellow ones, to harvest firewood. It's been a great saw for me, and I have no complaints. Unfortunately, I set it aside for a bit and must have left some bad fuel in it because it suffered from hard starting and bogging when I picked it back up. New issues for this saw. I took it to the shop where the repairman told me bad fuel had degraded the fuel lines and clogged the carb. He said that's common with Poulans, and he changed the lines and cleaned the carb.

The saw now runs better than it ever has, even when it was brand new. At least I feel like it does--starts effortlessly, idles well day, revs higher (I think), and cuts everything I put in front of it.

Can changing fuel lines improve a saw's performance, beyond the obvious eliminating of clogged lines? Can new lines actually improve a saw's basic specifications? I don't know. I get the basics of how a saw functions, but it's as if the workman added turbo charged fuel lines or something. The saw is crazy good now. I am just curious.

Latest posts

Back