Replacing Honda GCV160 N5AF w/ GCV190 N5AF

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustaHatRack

Social Distancing by living 5 roads off asphalt
Reaction score
Bought a used 27ton Yard-Machine logsplitter about 2 weeks ago. The motor locked up yesterday so spent hours looking online for a replacement motor but can’t find one with that short of a shaft of 1.14". Found lots and lots of Honda GCV160 motors but most shafts were in the 7/8” x 1-13/16 to 3-5/32” area. Any ideal where I can find a new or rebuilt Honda GCV160 N5AF for sale? Also I have found a GCV190 with the correct 7/8" X 1.14" shaft so will that work/bolt up?? (Found a site showing the bolt pattern on the bottom of the 190 but can't find it again.) Thanks for reading and thanks for any advice you are willing to share.

I believe the 190 and 160 have the same bolt patter and otherwise drill new mounting holes to fit the engine. The 190 is a little more CC's is really the only difference, will have a bit more horsepower too, but if the shafts are the same i'd go with the 190.

Stopped by 2 well established small engine shops today plus a Honda Motorcycle shop (at the suggestion of a yawn mower shop owner) but they didn't find a supplier for the GCV160 with the 7/8 x 1.14" shaft either.

it may be easier to just get a new love-joy coupler for the size shaft you have on the 190cc engine.

Back