Residental tree company wanting to do line clearance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
........,,,,,,,,,........,,..,.,.,..,..,,,,,........................................................::::;;;''""'',.'.,,,.,...............

Here's some extra punctuation marks I had lying around. Please, feel free to put them in some of your posts to make them easier to read.
im just a tree climber the only . I know comes with $$$$.$$

The asplundh thing is funny but I really don't call them climbers very few are real I've hired one or two and handed them my climbing gear and they couldent even put my saddle on much less begin to use a friction saver or a lockjack or micro pulley the list goes on portawrap etc

Don't tell old Rope n Saddle Asplundh guys can't climb. He'll kick your baby faced ass from Florida to New York and back.

Because someone doesn't have experience with YOUR gear, doesn' t mean they can't climb. The question is, can they learn how to use your gear. Do they know the climbing principles. Gear is just toys that makes the job easier and safer.

I
Don't tell old Rope n Saddle Asplundh guys can't climb. He'll kick your baby faced ass from Florida to New York and back.

Because someone doesn't have experience with YOUR gear, doesn' t mean they can't climb. The question is, can they learn how to use your gear. Do they know the climbing principles. Gear is just toys that makes the job easier and safer.
Ive spent 7 years climbing for them foreman for 5 climbing 500kv lines to 7200 distribution lines I blame that to my hips and knee problems I learned what I could from it and moved on to bigger things let's say I learn very quick

I

Ive spent 7 years climbing for them foreman for 5 climbing 500kv lines to 7200 distribution lines I blame that to my hips and knee problems I learned what I could from it and moved on to bigger things let's say I learn very quick

How about learning some punctuation and other grammatical skills.

Why? That is almost like an entirely separate industry.

But, if that is what you want to do, start http://tcia.org/safety/ehap]with TCIA's EHAP info[/url]
Why? That is almost like an entirely separate industry.

But, if that is what you want to do, start http://tcia.org/safety/ehap]with TCIA's EHAP info[/url]
Any info on a line clearance class around the Pensacola area. Maybe an advance climbing and rigging classes. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Any information about bidding on a line clearance contract would be helpful. I've been around it for awhile,I was a climbing foreman for 5 years. I know about how and what is billable. I just don't know how much to bill for. The billboard company I bill just by the crew. In the contract they pay for 2 guys, 1 60ft lift, 1 20 yard debris truck and a t650 bobcat for $150.00/hr. I figure that I should be able to bill about $250.00 to $300.00/ hr for a composite crew. Which consist of 5 guys, a loader truck, 2 60 footers and the saws hydraulic pole saws etc. let me know what y'all think. Any info is greatly appreciated. I don't know everything but I'm willing to learn it all. I think I've a good handle on things though.

for what it's worth no line crew around here uses a separate chip truck or grapple truck or 650 bobcat

They cut small and chip into the back of the bucket. From what I can see, speed or efficiency is not on anybodys mind.

4 of these rigs park in the farm lane across from my house and sit in the truck, for hours at a time. Good luck billing 300 per hour for that.......

Might look beyond wage and equip rates.
There's a whole raft of insurance premiums and WC premiums to consider moving into line clearance.
Some dependent on direct experience of crew; some on equipment; some on class of line work; some on safe work records(claims) and on and on. Worth checking into first.

There's a whole raft of insurance premiums and WC premiums to consider moving into line clearance.
Some dependent on direct experience of crew; some on equipment; some on class of line work; some on safe work records(claims) and on and on. Worth checking into first.
I have w/c and the required ins that's no problem. I'm a fair sized company.

The contract I'm going after requires 2 lifts and a loader truck not the bobcat that's on my billboard contract. That sitting in the truck thing don't fly with me. That's where I'll get my shot. Is by boosting productivity probably by double.

I don't need those to do tree work

Its true you don't need grammatical skills to perform tree work but you do need them to submit bids and invoicing. It's called being professional. If you don't have the skills, hire a admin person to handle your paperwork and invoicing, it will save you many headaches.

Its true you don't need grammatical skills to perform tree work but you do need them to submit bids and invoicing. It's called being professional. If you don't have the skills, hire a admin person to handle your paperwork and invoicing, it will save you many headaches.
I do have someone that dose that,he's been working for me for four years.

Back