Residental tree company wanting to do line clearance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you you because you sound dumb,,just saying,,,
Jeff :p
Actually I'm quite educated to have figured out how to produce 500k a year,drive a new truck,wife drives a new car and live in a new 4800 square-foot house and I'm only 29. Just sayin don't be such a big hater. It makes me think less about you. Take it how you will, but don't take it to heart.

Any information about bidding on a line clearance contract would be helpful. I've been around it for awhile,I was a climbing foreman for 5 years. ....I just don't know how much to bill for. I don't know everything but I'm willing to learn it all. I think I've a good handle on things though.

How can we help you? You haven't sent the contract language to Zales yet and Jeffers hasn't seen the specs. We have no idea what you are talking about aside from some nebulous aspirations of being a line clearance company. Also, you should run your safety plan by the good Dr. P, just to be sure.

I was serious. If you want to expand and grow your business there is a certain level of professionalism you must demonstrate. You come on here and your posts lack basic punctuation, a certain amount of criticism can be expected. I wish him all the luck in the world but breaking into the line clearance game is a hard nut to crack.

If I ran one crew and made 500k a year, and also had a estimator busy bidding all week, well by George I would probably add another crew and shoot for 1mil a year. I agree with getting into more commercial work, it's rewarding and you rarely have to deal with stupid people.

That's what I'm talking about,I really don't like people. That's why I hired a sales person that sold cars for a living. He makes 10% of sales. All I do is organize the jobs. Dump sites,fuel the trucks etc. my wife dose all the ins. Paperwork and takes care of our 3 little ones and our Neice that we have adopted.
If I ran one crew and made 500k a year, and also had a estimator busy bidding all week, well by George I would probably add another crew and shoot for 1mil a year. I agree with getting into more commercial work, it's rewarding and you rarely have to deal with stupid people.

Wow...so you have a salesman responsible for a half of million and you pay him a whopping $39,000-$52,000??? He must have been a bad car salesman because they can do much better than that if they are good.

The guy went through a nasty divorce.
Wow...so you have a salesman responsible for a half of million and you pay him a whopping $39,000-$52,000??? He must have been a bad car salesman because they can do much better than that if they are good.
es

I've been doing tree work for 11 years I started when I was 18 opened my own biz on July 5 2010 I've came a long way ins workers comp 2 60ft lifts dump trucks chippers skid steers grinders city contracts billboard contracts and doing about $500,000 a year with one crew and I want to get in to line clearance any guidance would be great

In addition to some grammar mistakes I think we have a math problem if I am reading this right. See next post.

I know I've been through the line clearance classes I think what is going to work in my favor is that I'm young I'm only 29 and I've worked really hard to get where I'm at with no help and bad credit

You open a biz at the age of 18 in 2010. Now we are in the year 2014 , four years later and your 29 years old. Hmmm, something isn't right.

As far as line clearance, I think everyone dreams of having a big contract with a utility .Looks good if your on the outside looking in but it is a cut throat biz to say the least. You may be some sort of a big fish in your local pond but you get into line clearance your in a ocean with sharks that bite referring to the big guys that dominate the business and have been in the business ever since electric lines were first being strung out all across the country. In addition to equipment and manpower you need some serious financial backing because when your dealing with a big business like a utility most likely won't pay their bills for 90 days.

About the only way to get a utility contract is to find a small time electric producer that is too small for some big company like Asphlund to consider it worthwhile to do the line maintenance. Large or small it is still a cut throat business with a lot of red tape to deal with.

Man, I just keep thinking about Trees Inc. Couple years or so ago, they won the contracts in my area. They came in with full force.. all new equipment, working six days a week. Fast forward, now they have a death on their hands, and that deal with the truck on the train tracks, and they're fired by the power company, and Lewis is quietly back doing their thing.

I can't imagine why anyone claiming to be grossing 500k a year with one crew (doing residential) would wanna get involved with all that. I think someone is pulling our leg.. or did I already mention that?

Latest posts

Back