Response to Mrs site

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glock37

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So you are saying its ok with to send you a rat when your buying a pig.

Heres a store that puts there disclaimer not on the front page but on the check out when u already made up your mind what you wanted to buy

Also the site has no phone number showing any where

There contact us page didn't work

Everyone beware if u buy from this site u dont know what your gonna get delivered.

Mike

Please see the follow disclaimer that is in the check out section of the sponsor's site. This user did not read it and is now complaining about false advertising. This is a warning to all: READ THE FINE PRINT.

...Pictured USED parts may or may not be the actual item shipped, but are representative of the individual part numbers included and are for reference only.
USED parts are USED, and look used. If you are purchasing USED parts to make your saw look like new again, please cancel your order now and order NEW parts to make it look NEW.
If you are going to return used parts because they are used you will be responsible for paying the shipping charges to return them to us...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a general question...

If you are selling used parts and then have a disclaimer that states they may have flaws, why would you then use a picture of a nice item that is not representative of what you get? Showing the exact item you are selling removes the need to have long disclaimers on what you will not get.

There are varying degrees of used-ness, and each click toward a more worn part may seem insignificant. But if you have enough notches, pretty soon you have something with very little similarity to what could be reasonably expected based on the description. When you put up a very nice condition used part and then say in the disclaimer that is may not be the actual part but that it is representative, then it should be of similar quality as the representation. The part that was shipped was CLEARLY not a representation of what was shown on the website.

I think the sponsor has more reason to be pissed at you than you at him. You purchased a part for 10 bucks, based on a stock photo. At checkout there was a very clear, if small printed, disclaimer which appears to address this exact situation. You missed this. You were offered a refund. Instead of acting like this is the small misunderstanding this appears to be, you are basically accusing the sponsor of dishonesty and lying.
I understand (but don't personally have the time or energy for) attaching the same degree of moral outrage to all things big and small, but you got what looks like a $10 part for $10, not the wrong leg amputated. It is also not clear that you were wronged

I've had the same problems as ya'll. In addition to the used part received not matching the used part depicted, I find their website extremely frustrating to use. Tons of listings for used parts that are "SOLD OUT".

Do a search for "Assorted Parts". All the listings are unique. The pictures are of assortments of used parts. Once a particular unique assortment is sold...shouldn't the listing be removed?

If you are selling used parts and then have a disclaimer that states they may have flaws, why would you then use a picture of a nice item that is not representative of what you get? Showing the exact item you are selling removes the need to have long disclaimers on what you will not get.

Yo Guido........I agree with you and we're on the same page this time.

Hmmmm......I don't know if that's a step up for me......or a step down. :)

To avoid having to photo everything in the inventory;
To avoid having to post every pic of every inventory item;
To avoid having to price every inventory item individually according to condition;
To avoid having to post every price of every inventory item;
To maximize earnings by cutting labor;
To maximize earnings by charging above average for the average inventory condition;
To maximize earnings by statistical averaging of the anticipated portion of customers who won't notice a difference b/t what's pictured and what's received;
To maximize earnings by statistical averaging of the anticipated portion of customers who will notice a difference b/t what's pictured and what's received, but who won't care enough to pursue it further;
To maximize earnings by statistical averaging of the anticipated portion of customers who will notice a difference b/t what's pictured and what's received, by those who do care enough to complain but who will be put off from further action b/c of the seller's vague but ominous-sounding disclaimer, and;
To maximize earnings by anticipating the very few who, in spite of the above, will demand refunds but then balk at the cost of shipping the item back.

You know...business. It's a numbers game.

I think the sponsor has more reason to be pissed at you than you at him. You purchased a part for 10 bucks, based on a stock photo. At checkout there was a very clear, if small printed, disclaimer which appears to address this exact situation. You missed this. You were offered a refund. Instead of acting like this is the small misunderstanding this appears to be, you are basically accusing the sponsor of dishonesty and lying.
I understand (but don't personally have the time or energy for) attaching the same degree of moral outrage to all things big and small, but you got what looks like a $10 part for $10, not the wrong leg amputated. It is also not clear that you were wronged

I did return part and yes i missed the so called disclaimer and yes its all the way at check out

He has a 22 buck part with everything in it and this part with nothing in it so i figured a good part as pictured

Ebay u buy the part pictured

U look at a car on line and go too the dealer thats the car u saw online

Its called laziness and being cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this Horse is as dead as it can get or if you want keep beat it too a pulp

I hope everyone learns a lesson read everything on a site every page or you get not what you thought you were getting .

thanks for every ones thoughts and opinions

Mike

I did return part and yes i missed the so called disclaimer and yes its all the way at check out

He has a 22 buck part with everything in it and this part with nothing in it so i figured a good part as pictured

Ebay u buy the part pictured

U look at a car on line and go too the dealer thats the car u saw online

Its called laziness and being cheap
Maybe, or possibly this is a small side business that he doesn't have the time or energy to make look like amazon.
If you have disclaimer that says the part you get won't look good on a new saw, you could be accused of running a suboptimal internet site, but not of dishonesty. I regret jumping into this,

I have a good friend that sells used motorcycle parts. He does it out of his home as a hobby.

Sometimes, he will post pics and some times not. But......if a customer is ever unhappy with a part they receive (for whatever reason), all they have to do is ship it back at their cost and they get a full refund. No if's and's or but's.

My friend has a disclaimer claiming exactly that upfront. He's been at this for over 20 yrs. Honest to god, he tells me that he's received less than a dozen returns.

You can`t please all the people all the time, its buyer beware out there. Lesson seems to be read everything fully before buying and paying.
I have bought many hundreds of parts online, some from this site sponsor and overall all the parts I got were useable but not always one of the parts that were pictured on his site. I knew this beforehand because I took the time to read the actual listing and the disclaimers at the end checkout....:)

I agree with Mrs. Site. That disclaimer is crystal clear. You are getting a refund. Time to move on.

I do believe it is bad business to advertise like new parts and sell very used ones,,as in the OPs case. It is deception hiding behind a disclaimer; but, I see the sellers point from a business stand point. Posting pictures of hundreds of parts may not be feasible for a small business.

Now we all know what to expect if we need something from this sponsor; and that is a good thing.

Latest posts

Back