Restoring a Husqvarna 2100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a few cuts with it after porting with a .404 28" 7 pin. The chain really sucked.....it was a nearly new Woodland Pro chain but it just doesn't cut very well. Can you say dull off the roll????? :msp_ohmy:

Here's a video of it at idle before I tore it back down.......

[video=youtube_share;x8-DsGLd7aI]http://youtu.be/x8-DsGLd7aI[/video]

I'll try to get a video of it in the cut asap. It's still leaking some oil from the PTO side.....gotta see about that too. :msp_unsure:

Almost there though. :)

Awesome work!

I just got my 298xp running with the same bar and chain. Try a 8 pin rim with 404 my 298 was cutting great for me in 20" oak and with your porting its gotta be even better :hmm3grin2orange:.

Awesome work!

I just got my 298xp running with the same bar and chain. Try a 8 pin rim with 404 my 298 was cutting great for me in 20" oak and with your porting its gotta be even better :hmm3grin2orange:.

I've tried this chain on several different saws.......never was happy with it but I also never really gave it enough thought. It's real thick on the top plate and looks like a 12 year old Chinese kid probably made it. :laugh:

so are we waiting on a chain cause Im waiting on a video......:hmm3grin2orange:

I've been busy.......the 2100 is waiting for a free spot on the bench.......

Heck Steven.....you know how it is here. Not enough hands or space. :msp_thumbup:

2100015.jpg

2100016.jpg

2100022.jpg

2100021.jpg

2100017-1.jpg

2100020.jpg

Damn that's nice.

I've been busy.......the 2100 is waiting for a free spot on the bench.......

Heck Steven.....you know how it is here. Not enough hands or space. :msp_thumbup:

It is a whole lot of saw ain't it? Probably needs it's own bench.:msp_wink:

NOS parts for these are becoming extremely hard to come by due to their popularity. I was telling another member recently that the last NOS air filter cover on ebay brought
almost 100$. :(

I have tubs of new and used 2100 Husky parts.......I guess it's time to break them out......Hahahahahahaha!

Sorry it took so long fellers.......this thing had an oil leak I needed to see about and....well, I was porting some saws...and stuff.

Anyway......got the oil leak fixed, switched the rim to a 3/8 x 7 and strapped on a 28" bar.

[video=youtube;f_gm0IC3FLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_gm0IC3FLU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Now the dang kill switch has given up. :dizzy:

i just gave 2 complete saws like that away a couple months ago ,didnt even think of parting them out :(

Latest posts

Back