Restoring Super XL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homeboy

Reaction score
My 92 year old grandfather gave me his Super XL recently and I would like to restore it if possible. I'm not to concerned about the mechanical end of the restoration but where would I find the correct red paint and decals? It's kind of ironic that I would want to restore and preserve the same machine that I wished would have blown up or gotten ran over by the tractor while I was a kid having to load all the wood that it has cut. :laugh: I did "accidently" knock it out of my way one morning while I was loading the trailer and it rolled about 5-6' into a ditch and it didn't even phase the thing but grandaddy tanned my hide good over that one. I didn't try to end the XL's life anymore after that.:D Thanks in advance for any info.
Greg

Not sure where you buy the paint for that saw so I would suggest taking the clutch cover off, cleaning it up, and then have your local paint store do a computer match of it. I would have them use the inside of the clutch cover as the outside may be faded.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back