Ripped Off...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put up a sign (assuming the thief can read) that says:

"one of these logs has a live xx caliber (use caliber of choice) bullet inserted in it, do you want to try and guess which one?"

I'm not saying you should actually drill and insert a live round inside a log, just put up the sign only. KD

Exactly the way I feel when I drive out in the pasture to feed the cows at day-break, only to find a 400 pound calf shot between the eyes, and his hind-quarters cut off, and steam still rising from him.

Wood is one thing but this is crazy I can't believe someone would actually do something like this. Can't you still be hung for this?

I keep my wood pile in the hardest to reach spot in my yard. <akes for more work to get to the pile, but I have heard to many stories like yours.

My Aunt's neighbor, sweet little old lady. She has an insert in her fireplace, burns maybe a cord a year. Her son buys her one every fall. One sunday, WHILE SHE WAS AT CHURCH, some scum bag drives his truck across her lawn, tears it all up, and steals every last piece. Gotta be a special place in hell for people like that

i store all ours under lock and key... we had four cords stolen before from our back yard, they took it all from the back of the stack so you couldnt notice it from the house.
we also had two semi loads of round bales stolen once.. 360 bales under tarp, came home found the tarp was blowing around and my tractor setting in the barn lot... lifted the tarp to find all the center of the stack was gone..stolen in broad daylight.eighty eight bales.they used my tractor to load it even.. that takes balls.sheriff said you cant prove it's yours so right it off...wouldnt even take finger prints ..nothing...
i feel for ya..

Last edited:
Just put up a sign (assuming the thief can read) that says:

"one of these logs has a live xx caliber (use caliber of choice) bullet inserted in it, do you want to try and guess which one?"

I'm not saying you should actually drill and insert a live round inside a log, just put up the sign only. KD

I can see the sign left for you......" Now there are two!"

Wood pile should be fairly close to the house,
with a nice clear path for bullets and such.

I use mine as a back stop, no collateral damage that way. ;)

I know what the OP is saying. I went over to the farm to collect my last 4 rounds and some SOB stole one of them. I hope they got a hernia loading that 40"er in their truck.:angry:

Latest posts

Back