Roller Chain Catcher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl310

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Is it totally necessary to run this with dual dogs? I see them generally offered as a set when sold, however I just picked up a used set of felling dogs minus the roller.

Just curious if the dynamics of using the double dogs suites itself better to the roller.

Thanks

Some people like the chain catchers and they can prevent damage to the saw in the event of a
high-speed chain throw. Most professional cutters remove the chain catchers since they constantly
get plugged up with brush, twigs, saw chips, etc.

I have the stock aluminum one on there right now. Was just going to change to the roller if necessary.

I'v made my own rollers out of 1/4 bolt and fuel line with fuel hose over it, Done.

Cary

I'v made my own rollers out of 1/4 bolt and fuel line with fuel hose over it, Done.

Cary

Stihl dealer $3-5 and I'm done, LOL. They last for year+ with heavy use, fuel hose will not.

I use them, but install them on the saw side and not the cover side, easier to line up and see if its in the hole properly.

Sam

Back