Rookie Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eusebio316

Reaction score
I openly admit that I do not have a green thumb. However about 12 years ago me and my siblings planted evergreen trees at what is still my mother's home. Recently a deer or some other animal have eaten the bark off the tree. It was doing well up until then and now it appears to be dying. Under suggestion I moved the tree to a better lit area and have kept it well watered. I'm just wondering if there is anything I could do to facilitate its recovery?

if the tree is not showing any signs of improvement with it being moved and better lighting, i would say it has been girdled in a sense and it probably isnt going to come back. i cannot say this though with 100% surety being that i have not seen the tree.

I openly admit that I do not have a green thumb. However about 12 years ago me and my siblings planted evergreen trees at what is still my mother's home. Recently a deer or some other animal have eaten the bark off the tree. It was doing well up until then and now it appears to be dying. Under suggestion I moved the tree to a better lit area and have kept it well watered. I'm just wondering if there is anything I could do to facilitate its recovery?
I don't know about anyone else but I would be putting a
deer stand up thats probably a rub by a rutting buck.

Latest posts

Back