rope retrievers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old dude

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
pruner pole too bulky---any better way to retrieve ropes? free up small hangers, stuck throw pouches/monkey fists etc....? The pole just wears me out and moving it around with me in a canopy is a chore.

Window washer poles are light weight. We fashioned a hook for the end. One side of the hook goes up for pushing and the other side goes down for hooking and pulling. We used that for a number of years until it got bent. Then we switched to a Silky Hayauchi 21 foot collapsible pole from old pole parts and that works great. I bought one of the hang on the saddle retrievers. Piece of junk.
Phil

I've seen a tool on Sherrill and or Tree Stuff which is something like 20 feet long with a hook at the end. It seems versatile in the tree and easy to send up and down on the utility line. I definitely want one.

I skimmed the arborist supply sites, and actually they are all selling 9' tools that fold down to 3'. That doesn't seem long enough to me. They average about $50. I looked up golf ball retriever, and you can double that length for almost half the price. The longest one I can see is 24', but there are probably longer sold. I also googled fishing lure retrieval.

Cabela's: Cabela's Lure Retrievers

That link shows a 16ft retriever for $22.

For the price and the length I'd go with a golf ball or lure retriever. Google either one, and then look in googles shopping section to see pics of the most products sold online at once. And if the tips of these devices don't look right, I'd just modify it to work right.

I skimmed the arborist supply sites, and actually they are all selling 9' tools that fold down to 3'. That doesn't seem long enough to me. They average about $50. I looked up golf ball retriever, and you can double that length for almost half the price. The longest one I can see is 24', but there are probably longer sold. I also googled fishing lure retrieval.

Cabela's: Cabela's Lure Retrievers

That link shows a 16ft retriever for $22.

For the price and the length I'd go with a golf ball or lure retriever. Google either one, and then look in googles shopping section to see pics of the most products sold online at once. And if the tips of these devices don't look right, I'd just modify it to work right.

follow the link i gave you retard... Cabela's: Avery® Adjustable Length Decoy Retrieversit works great for ropes and stuck bags... not sure if it is much good for loose screws though.

Latest posts

Back