Ropensaddle,s world Arkansas style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Repped ya. Thanks for the pics. Glad to see you got jobs, be safe.

Thank you very much, I have fifteen large pines to do after this a little at a time it is 30 miles away though. Most of my work is 20 to 30 miles from home and my dump here on the farm. Hard to get a third load in short winter hours and two hours riding time. I also have some trimming and got to finish stumps on the golf course when it gets dry enough. I am so thankfull to finally have enough work to at least keep my bills paid.

Thank you very much, I have fifteen large pines to do after this a little at a time it is 30 miles away though. Most of my work is 20 to 30 miles from home and my dump here on the farm. Hard to get a third load in short winter hours and two hours riding time. I also have some trimming and got to finish stumps on the golf course when it gets dry enough. I am so thankfull to finally have enough work to at least keep my bills paid.

This is good news rope!

I knew you would pull through. Adapt and survive friend. :cheers:

Lmao I found that splitting a bunch of wood brings in wood ho's lol. I really did not need the wood so we hauled two loads and this guy asked if he could have some and I said if you come at ten you can get a load he did and then I said if you want another come get it and he did and then a third. I told him he is welcome to get some in the mourning as all that is left is stump and a little rakings. I think we split near four full cords today and got all the brush up. The Tw6 is a conversation piece people seem to flock, had a few bids only one seemed like a biter but we will see:monkey: I have enough wood,so the guy needing it saved me time and fuel and he got a cord at least so far I will see if he shows in the am if not no big deal it is already split so easy loading.

glad to see you're working well! I'm also glad to see another state's style thread (I frequent that Illinois-T-slayin-style thread when I'm on :) )

Its also good to hear your bills are not so burdensome; to tell you the truth, I was really eyeing your grapple truck you have for sale. I just hadn't talked myself into needing that sort of set up. I am correct in thinking it doesn't have a dump right? Its clear you take care of your equipment - between the good jobs you've done, the graciousness you've shown posting pictures and contributing to discussions, and the diligence you've demonstrated with your equipment upkeep...I think I'll throw some rep your way too! :clap: :clap:

glad to see you're working well! I'm also glad to see another state's style thread (I frequent that Illinois-T-slayin-style thread when I'm on :) )

Its also good to hear your bills are not so burdensome; to tell you the truth, I was really eyeing your grapple truck you have for sale. I just hadn't talked myself into needing that sort of set up. I am correct in thinking it doesn't have a dump right? Its clear you take care of your equipment - between the good jobs you've done, the graciousness you've shown posting pictures and contributing to discussions, and the diligence you've demonstrated with your equipment upkeep...I think I'll throw some rep your way too! :clap: :clap:

Thank you kind sir, the grapple truck is rough, as it was when I bought it, all damage was done prior owners. However; it has never failed to get the job done, it has the dump bed but the hoist was taken off before I bought it. I have found unloading it with the grapple no trouble especially brush because you grab it and if packed in, half comes off at once. The steering gearbox leaks a little, I had a new seal put in it and the other one leaks. I have just kept it full for the three years I have had it in use. I will prolly be using it on the pines I have coming next week may post some pic's of it in action. I hate to part with it but I could be a little closer to my goal.

Went to grind stump about 2 cubic feet left of firewood lol the guy got it all till dark last night.
I was done grinding stump and loaded and then bought topsoil and dumped and spread in less that two hours ahhhhhhhhhhhhh done! I forgot cam dern it, lady said it looks like their never was a tree there lol. Anyway what I really wanted to say was at the landscape supply where I bought a yard of soil, the owner walked in and I asked him it he ever gets calls for trees. He said yup, I know of a guy right now wanting four out gave me his number and turns out I did a job two doors down from him lol. I am bidding it in the AM, then the other job starts Monday, if weather holds; time for rope to get busy. I will try to charge and remember my camera friends.:monkey:

Good job Rope, Nice to see ya in the tree again. I will still trade you splitters and you won't even have to give any boot.lol That boom truck looks like a big one. How high will it go? Of course pictures make everything look taller. looks like a tall tree too. if you wanna borrow ole lipstick to take the rest of it down, just holler and it's yours.

Good job Rope, Nice to see ya in the tree again. I will still trade you splitters and you won't even have to give any boot.lol That boom truck looks like a big one. How high will it go? Of course pictures make everything look taller. looks like a tall tree too. if you wanna borrow ole lipstick to take the rest of it down, just holler and it's yours.

60 foot boom tree is about 85 to 90 and the only reason I climbed it was to prevent the large limbs from slaping the trunk and throwing branches the wrong way all limbs that were positioned to hinge and throw debris the opposite direction of this home were cut I only climbe for the two top leads! However the trees I trimmed early this week for a biologist I could not reach the first limb on the were 120 to 135 foot Cherry bark oaks and yes they were done spurless. This biologist was a wealth of knowledge we conversed over many things and he waants me to bring him oak limbs for his schitake mushroom farm later.

Umm wheres the grapple I didn't see the grapple... I wanna see the grapple..

I just scheduled a job I will be using it on mid March four pines out hauled an stumps ground I got them yee ha! I followed the lead from the landscape supply and that 28 dollar load of soil got me a good gig lmfao:cheers: I put a trailer brake control in the silver fox and a tie rod I didn't like but really this one ton is in good shape just a few odds and ends and daily ready. It has not used any oil so that is great and it has new brakes too. I am prolly going to use the grapple next week too, if I remember cam I will take pics maybe even a little vid clip lol:monkey:
Ugly but usefull!

Last edited:
Man that hollow bugger with the twisted crown looked scary as hell. Easy enough to have sort twist off the stump and bite you. Love your work Rope.

Glad you managed to hang on long enough for work to come in. Cream always rises to the top my friend.

I forgot about this tree it was from the hurricane I always forget cam lol I do more jobs than my pics show it is not quite that slow for ole rope:laugh: There ear times like now I am swamped but then there can be months with virtually nothing and that is what I have to eliminate. I am devising a plan to do so.

deerpics08071.jpg

this tree was started by someone that backed out and I was called in to finish. I did not see what was so hard about it I have done several hundred just like it:rolleyes:

Without seeing the base it doesnt look that tough providing it is properly roped as you appear to have done in the photo. ~

That other one you posted would scare me far more with its weight off centre and at 90 degrees to the pull with a rotten core and little holding wood. Damn just typing this gave me goosebumps!

Latest posts

Back