Ropensaddle,s world Arkansas style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without seeing the base it doesnt look that tough providing it is properly roped as you appear to have done in the photo. ~

That other one you posted would scare me far more with its weight off centre and at 90 degrees to the pull with a rotten core and little holding wood. Damn just typing this gave me goosebumps!

Lol yeah that one had me blood a pumpin fer sure I spent more time planning than I did cutting it lol. I had my big winch on it and the wife operating it and a snub rope as a prevent and back up and to steer it somewhat should it twist and try to go into the monkey tree!

You are seeing it right base was solid just partly uprooted from the storm the rope was tensioned to keep the spar from bouncing on the sofit each time I cut a limb!

Last edited:
I forgot about this tree it was from the hurricane I always forget cam lol I do more jobs than my pics show it is not quite that slow for ole rope:laugh: There ear times like now I am swamped but then there can be months with virtually nothing and that is what I have to eliminate. I am devising a plan to do so.

deerpics08071.jpg

this tree was started by someone that backed out and I was called in to finish. I did not see what was so hard about it I have done several hundred just like it:rolleyes:
Is that tree leaning on the gutter , that tree should have been removed 10 inches ago, lol

Should have been here yesterday.....

(I just came up Hwy 8 through the Ouchitas, saw a few deer, ......)

Well now i'm embarrassed, Let me rephrase that...........I bet the leaner made some good firewood Rope, Your splitter probably eat that up.

Older than my new splitter lol the hurricanes remember them? I cut about 10 like this in that storm. Ohhhhhhhh no, tornado season again and I still have not tied down the trailer or finished the shelter:jawdrop:

why rope why would you want a long bearded one.:hmm3grin2orange:

Throw some of that work my way buddy.

I will if I get enough to go around you know that friend. I know your prolly busier than me but I do have enough to keep me busy several days. I am really gonna try to hustle up on the market here and start getting my share of the work. It is wind season now so I hope it will get better and better.

I will if I get enough to go around you know that friend. I know your prolly busier than me but I do have enough to keep me busy several days. I am really gonna try to hustle up on the market here and start getting my share of the work. It is wind season now so I hope it will get better and better.

I'm glad you got work buddy,you know that.Starting to get a little more here.But still busy working on the Folk,s house when not doing the tree,s.
Looks like a good hood your doing that tree in,get you some signs and put the up and down the street your working on and pull them when you leave.Works buddy.

Spend a weekend here and we will go beard hunting.

May do that I had a lot of birds here roosted though so I will try and connect here the first week. I will start listening in a week or two locating as many easy ones as I can with a coyote call. I hope to tag out quick and get back to working but I know I will hunt some.

Well guy's I did not start til 3 o clock this afternoon as I suggested the home owner try to see if the power company would cut the tree by the lines and they were there from Monday until noon today. I moved the grapple there and loaded it with timber to run to the mill tomorrow. The power crew cut six pines so first I have to clean up their mess got all but two loaded well the logs anyway. Anyway I forgot the cam thinking I would not really be doing much and missed a photo of the power company fell a tree across the primaries and on a roof. Then I get to my spot and seen the wildest notch and back cuts you ever seen lol.
They were angled back cuts that were going below the notch on several of the logs lmfao.
There trucks say professional tree service and real slick trucks but they speaky no English I won't come out and say their name but it is very alphabetic:hmm3grin2orange: Maybe I need to call them a see if they need a supervisor. Anyway I will have some pics for tomorrow I may slip by the pros and get a candid moment I sure am glad I was not near them when they were cutting lmfao.

Last edited:
I took the Monday and Tuesday time and finished grinding stumps and working on a couple small jobs.

PS: almost forgot they also trashed a fence at the property I am working on but they did fix it:cheers:

Last edited:
damn!....wish you had the cam yesterday! I froze my camera this winter and won't take my good one out and am about ready to buy another compact. You always miss the best ops when the cam is not in the truck.

damn!....wish you had the cam yesterday! I froze my camera this winter and won't take my good one out and am about ready to buy another compact. You always miss the best ops when the cam is not in the truck.

Yup but I do have a video of the three machiteers lmfao. I really wish I could figure out how to upload it but my puter wont recognize my vid cam. I bid a job and the home owner even after being refereed hired three illegals that climbed barefoot no rope except for a ski rope to lower limbs the climber was bare foot no saddle no rope and definately no hard hat and used a machete to limb the removals. I vided the whole scene thinking I would be able to upload and found it impossible:cry:

Latest posts

Back