Ropensaddle,s world Arkansas style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to pull off this job next week for a day or two to catch up my golf course work. I will clean-up everything I can which should be all of it or very near and then come back late next week to finish the rest and the neighbors trees. I have about twelve golf courses I work for and I want to keep them happy.

I will try to get some more pics today. I may just move the remaining brush to the front or chip it and climb one of the trees to come down. with the ruts made by the power company if it rains, won't get back there until August. I was going to lay down plywood but the ruts were already there. Anyway everyone be safe and have a g-day!

I will try to get some more pics today. I may just move the remaining brush to the front or chip it and climb one of the trees to come down. with the ruts made by the power company if it rains, won't get back there until August. I was going to lay down plywood but the ruts were already there. Anyway everyone be safe and have a g-day!

Yeah, its going to wet and tough to get thnings done without making a mess.

We're all limited by soft lawns and you don't want to leave them unhappy or with a reason to bad mouth us esp. after doing the rest of the job perfectly.

No Dingo use except on driveways for us.

Oh thats better lol another thing where the log went through the fence there was around thirty foot of stick in the neighbors yard meaning the neighbor got very lucky as his house ain't too far from that fence:jawdrop: Did you see the angled backcuts?

Yeah I saw the angled backcuts and until you refreshed my memory I was a little concerned.

We're all limited by soft lawns and you don't want to leave them unhappy or with a reason to bad mouth us esp. after doing the rest of the job perfectly.

Yeah, I still have that locust me and Plas did about a month ago laying in the clients yard. I was over there the other day replacing the downspout I mangled with the plow and that is when I realized I pushed all the snow into a bank that blocks acess to the limbs.
I am more worried about it than they are but still.

With all the snow we all got the saturation is going to be longer lasting this year. Oh well, just another sand trap in the life of treemen.

With all the snow we all got the saturation is going to be longer lasting this year. Oh well, just another sand trap in the life of treemen.

FnA, exactly what I was thinking. Sure we can all be men and go in there to do it but we will turn into women when we realized how much its going to cost to clean the place back up.
I have gotten used to the winters and have planned for it over the years but its springtime that really aggrevates me.
I was thinking of getting a manure spreader and filling it with compost and grass seed.

Last edited:

Lol the mack is ok though lol. I made the ruts deeper but they were there already. I think as we talked today I explained that the mess they made, made it extremely harder for me to clean-up. I told her I would honor our agreement but that future trees will be charged at a much higher rate and logs will be mine. I told her that I like giving a deal but must support my family too. Then since we were talking about the other trees she would like cut I tried to tell her that a deal could be made if all logs were not worried about on two other trees she wants down. She seemed hesitant and I am afraid she thinks I may be trying to change agreement and I am but to benefit us both. I have decided to tell her tomorrow my intentions for the logs and the deal I am proposing. I will cut the other two and haul them all away but all logs are mine from all this work for an extra 7 hundred. I will also include all the stumps and repair the ruts made by the power company and mine but limited to four yards or two loads. My truck is capable of three yards but would be heavy imo.

I am going to offer this but explain that if she don't feel it is how she wishes to proceed we will stick to the original paper work and I will bid all this remaining work separate and with her knowing that the logs from the new trees do not factor in to price. The reason is I don't get paid for the logs for over a week and I have already spent too much to not have some money's paid! It usually is not a huge problem for me to sit out the term but all my work lately is that way, so nothing going into the account. I will make it but don't like being so stretched. I feel this is the best I can do for her and I likely wont do real well even with this. The first load of logs was 3 hundred and a little change and there is probably another two hundy setting there and likely in the four trees left to come out around another 4 to 5 hundred. So that makes near a thousand on logs for about 600 discount on the two extra trees plus ten stumps ground that are two feet high and dirt work which I told her I would perform for 45 per hour plus supplies or dirt. Her grand total out of pocket would be 2600 for ten mostly large trees 4 I cut 6 cut by the power all I clean up stumps and soil! Is that a fair proposal in your opinions? I have already spent over a thousand and only have a thousand completed lol but the truck needed tires on front. I do not want her to think I am trying to get at her, which is why I am going to say we can do it either way she wishes but it just seemed like a solution for her to know her out of pocket rather than wait for the checks from the logs and then adjust it all around, it is just getting confusing.

Me too! I guess in a perfect world we could pick and choose jobs with driveway or road access and leave the others for later.

Then there is the economy.......

Lol the mack is ok though lol. I made the ruts deeper but they were there already. I think as we talked today I explained that the mess they made, made it extremely harder for me to clean-up. I told her I would honor our agreement but that future trees will be charged at a much higher rate and logs will be mine. I told her that I like giving a deal but must support my family too. Then since we were talking about the other trees she would like cut I tried to tell her that a deal could be made if all logs were not worried about on two other trees she wants down. She seemed hesitant and I am afraid she thinks I may be trying to change agreement and I am but to benefit us both. I have decided to tell her tomorrow my intentions for the logs and the deal I am proposing. I will cut the other two and haul them all away but all logs are mine from all this work for an extra 7 hundred. I will also include all the stumps and repair the ruts made by the power company and mine but limited to four yards or two loads. My truck is capable of three yards but would be heavy imo.

I am going to offer this but explain that if she don't feel it is how she wishes to proceed we will stick to the original paper work and I will bid all this remaining work separate and with her knowing that the logs from the new trees do not factor in to price. The reason is I don't get paid for the logs for over a week and I have already spent too much to not have some money's paid! It usually is not a huge problem for me to sit out the term but all my work lately is that way, so nothing going into the account. I will make it but don't like being so stretched. I feel this is the best I can do for her and I likely wont do real well even with this. The first load of logs was 3 hundred and a little change and there is probably another two hundy setting there and likely in the four trees left to come out around another 4 to 5 hundred. So that makes near a thousand on logs for about 600 discount on the two extra trees plus ten stumps ground that are two feet high and dirt work which I told her I would perform for 45 per hour plus supplies or dirt. Her grand total out of pocket would be 2600 for ten mostly large trees 4 I cut 6 cut by the power all I clean up stumps and soil! Is that a fair proposal in your opinions? I have already spent over a thousand and only have a thousand completed lol but the truck needed tires on front. I do not want her to think I am trying to get at her, which is why I am going to say we can do it either way she wishes but it just seemed like a solution for her to know her out of pocket rather than wait for the checks from the logs and then adjust it all around, it is just getting confusing.

It sounds more than fair but may be confusing to her like you said. A well structured written proposal that she could reread and stew on over the weekend might be in order. Man, at this time of year you cannot be too charitable. Winter discounts should be moving to past tense. It is that difficult transition period.

It sounds more than fair but may be confusing to her like you said. A well structured written proposal that she could reread and stew on over the weekend might be in order. Man, at this time of year you cannot be too charitable. Winter discounts should be moving to past tense. It is that difficult transition period.

Yes, you got that right my wife has been saying bid lower we need the work lol. I have tried to tell her we don't if profits are too low lol. On the bright side I have 1650 in one neighbors yard and two more to look at tomorrow. I plan to write it all down like you say and then let her think it over and tell her I am sorry for all the confusion but here is a solution that I feel is in your interest. I think as she reads and thinks of the posible hours spent on dirt. Also the six stumps would be extra I always grind mine but did not include it on this clean-up that now should of been 2k as I have 20 hours in it.

I go to the golf course first in the am to climb and fell a few trees and grind a few stumps so I won't get back to her till the afternoon. The jobs are 45 minutes away and from home:cry:

:ices_rofl: You're on a roll tonight. Ole Rope was drinkin that stuff at the GTG. he tried to keep it in a brown paper bag. But we could tell from the shape of the bottle it wasn't beer.lol

I actually hold back most of the time but I know what one of those geritol highs feels like YEEFNHAA!

I go to the golf course first in the am to climb and fell a few trees and grind a few stumps so I won't get back to her till the afternoon. The jobs are 45 minutes away and from home:cry:

You should trade that golf cart in for a peekup, and then it would only be 10 minutes from home. :)

Lol I am building a rocking chair it will take another twenty years to finish. Then comes the porch and by that time the geritol will become necessary!

:ps: Golf course had a tournament so got a call for stumps and took her easy a day doing them lol. I did them with my ppppppppppppppppkup and grinder:laugh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back