Rotary saws for skid loader

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used one of those on a Bobcat T300, about 3 years ago. Had it in operation on and off for 2 years. We did not have a high flow on the Bobcat, so it was easy to stall the saw if the tree pinched the blade during cutting. I cut a lot of Mesquite trees, and for some reason, the carbide teeth got loose, a lot. We had to rcheck and retighten the teeth a least twice a day. Maybe this is common, I don't know, it was my first experience with a saw like this.
After I got ued to operating it, I could drop lots of trees in a days time. i also used it to trim small limbs out of Mesquite trees, then came back later and cut off the remaining large section at the ground, to save for firewood.
I could level acres of trees in a day.
The saw did not work well on honey locust and Bois D arc trees. Wood was too hard I guess. They were very hard to cut with this saw.
All in all, if you learn how to use it properly, you will find it a handy attachment to have for your skidsteer.
Jeff

Yes, it was a "Turbo" saw, made in Oklahoma. The carbide teeth were held in place with a big "allen head" screw. A pain to get off, and a pain to keep tight.
Jeff

Latest posts

Back