Rotax Robert and the Predator on TV!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was just watching the NHRA show from Seattle.

They started a segment about logging in the Northwest. They showed a Stihl, then the Harley hotsaw. I started to wonder if it was the one which I had seen here in Roberts posts as of late.

Then they showed a V-6 hotsaw.

Then an unbelievable site. The PREDATOR, in all its glory. Along with it's creator and opertor, Rotax Robert. They showed a small clip of it making a cut.

Way to go Robert!:blob2: :D

Robert with his Predator was on E.S.P.N. at 3:00 p.m.,PST and it repeated on E.S.P.N.2 at 5:00 p.m. PST. He and his partner made the cut in about a second or so, both times.
Art Martin

If anyone knows when it will be on agin please post the date and time.
Thanks,
Bill

According to my T.V. schedule, the NHRA Lucas Oil Northwest Nationals will be repeated on Tuesday, July 30, at 11:00 a.m. PDT on E.S.P.N.2 with Robert and the Predator making several cuts about 9 or 10 minutes into the program of drag racers.
Art Martin

Rotax here from Clearcut America... I just got home from the national drags. Finally with some help from the big boys we got to open a national event. Thanks to (240 Gordy Bonnin) (Prolong lubes) And (Fleetpride) they got us on national TV. We Brought in 3 of the fastest saws in the world, and they took notice. kinda neet when 40,000 people stand around to watch hotsaws at a drag race. Special thanks are given to all racers, sawmen and saw-women included. WANNNA RACE ???

I just got back again from the race track and was watching the finals there on Monday , due to Sudays rain-out....It seems the whole world showed up at my doorstep after opening the show with the Predator and offering up a few $$$ to get thier name on the saw.

240 Gordie Bonnin and Prolong got me at center track/start-line for the finals, I had 7000 hp on each side of me at about 10 feet away......WOW is all I can say...hmmm maybe a V8 Nitro Hotsaw is comming, and yes we are talking about it, So sit down-shutup and hang on. And remember RACECAR spelled backwards stihl spells RACECAR.

Somebody tape the ???? Predator for me since I am the only one who has not seen the ESPN clip.

Husky,
I'll see what I can do about an mpeg digital conversion. Attaching such a file to AS is not possible presently because of file size and type, but I might be able to do a sequenced GIF along the lines of our avatars, and post that. Robert could use it as his avatar if I downsized it. Maybe something like 10 descrete frames from the video as the saw goes through the log. Actually, I'm almost certain that the digital video that I shot of the Predator in Clearwater would be of better quality than the TV would be, just because it was up nice and close. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Doug, do what you can. From what I heard the small Stihl is my 046 that dennis built for me and the video clip is of Johns 088 that Ken built when we were test cutting befor Clearwater, And of couse the Predator on split screen racing it.

The drags advertised as Seattle on ESPN2 today 2PM EDT turned out to be Denver. One of the commercials advertised Seattle as being aired this weekend so reset your VCRs !

Bill

Tell "No Panties" that it is (Mr. less than 1 second man) but it works for me......anyway, ESPN will replay the Predator on Friday at 12 noon pst. 3pm est.

Last edited:
you can see the Predator on ESPN2 at 12 noon pst. And Gypo thats a few hours later for you unless you go to work early then it will be yesterday.

Looks like you all may be able to see the Predator on TV soon. We are in the early stages of working out the details for some commercials with several different sponsors. I'll keep you posted as we go.

Hey Robert, Is it ok if I enter my saw? I have a 62.5 hp 088KD that has 9 lives. By the time the race comes up it should be dyno rated at 69.5 hp.
Anyway, put me in coach, I'm ready to play today.
Gyro Maniac
P.S its Taco Thurs. at the Eager Beaver tonight and my Lil Sugar Plum (Susie) will be waiting for your call.

I brought this back to the top because my darn e-mail keeps getting filled up with requests for a link to the ESPN video. So would one of my fellow Arborist friends please supply a link here for me?

Back