rottin maple tops

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good vid - not allergic to the poison ivy?!?! I'm sure Ekka is going to rip you a new one, though, because of something like not having a chinstrap on your helmet or for wearing blue jeans instead of chainsaw pants - maybe even for wearing an orange shirt instead of a hi-vis yellow!:hmm3grin2orange:

I've climbed a few trees like that (don't have a bucket) but usually have a line in another tree nearby depending on location!

I think the big pucker factor had to be descending the tree with a face and back cut made in that nasty bugger.
Had to be a nervous few seconds.

Looks like you handled it pretty well. A nasty dead one for sure.

One of the worst hack jobs I ever witnessed was a couple of lawn jockies
were topping a 75 ft norfolk island pine next to a mobile home.
The "climber" went up their 28 ft ladder[no gear at all] ,placed a rope about 15 ft above that ,made a face ,and back cut ,then ran down the ladder ,and out to the street to help the other guy pull on the rope.
Next problem was on their 2nd or 3rd yank, the rope came untied.
The "climber"then had to go back up the ladder and up on the already cut top to retie the rope.

I watched all of this in total disbelief from the canopy of another tree around the corner from them.They managed to pull it over on the next attempt somehow.
They underbid me on that job by $100 ,but the HO came close to losing their home.
The park manager refered them because they trim the palms there every year with their 25 ft bucket truck[old cable truck].
I guess that made them "QUALIFIED".

Didn't mean to hi jack your thread.It just reminded me of that job.
Nor am a comparing your work to that of the L...Js, as their tree could have easily and safely been climbed and lowered in pcs.

you know its always tough tom tell exactly what is going on from a video..
Tree to the left looks relatively tall because it is closer to the camera.. No way to use any other tree for a satelite tie in point..

And the last lead was a heavy backleaner... so it was leaning hard away from me as I was descending...

I learned a lot from that vid. I've searched your vids on you tube before. Lot of info.

I was wondering about using the bucket at a satelite tie in on the last cut. Does that go against your logic?

Hi..
Thanks for sharing the video so from that get the idea to protect and caring about the tress also to show others to prevent for trees... Good job..

He said " I had to talk her into doing that much"

Well...

I would think you would have to talk me into trying to get it down then. I mean to hell with it. If you gotta talk these people into a job where you have to risk like that forget it. Let them keep the tree if they want it so bad.

unsafe. you should of had a crane there or a taller bucket truck. your lack of the right equipment could of killed you.

notch, then back cut with tag line set on extremely dead tree then descend below that = dumber than dumb

btw your retired asplundh hunk of #### is missing some covers

I'm sure Ekka is going to rip you a new one, though, because of something like not having a chinstrap on your helmet or for wearing blue jeans instead of chainsaw pants - maybe even for wearing an orange shirt instead of a hi-vis yellow!:hmm3grin2orange:

Or maybe for taking a pissy 200T instead of a bigger saw to bomb them leaders out. Lets face it, you yanks push the boundaries with 16" bars on 200T's for ya balsa wood trees but jeez ... when there's only 2 cuts to make. :)

Latest posts

Back