Royal Truck Equip. ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodlandTC

Reaction score
Hello all,

Has anyone bought a truck from Royal truck equipment? I was wondering if any one has had any experience with them, their trucks, and chip bodies. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Royal is right up the street from my old stomping grounds in Quakertown. I've been there a couple times to look at trucks. They're all used, many with over 100k miles, and the bodies are new. They seemed pretty good to me. I have to say that everyone I spoke to gave me dire warnings about Royal without telling me why. I don't know what the deal with that is, but if I do decide to look for a truck there I will give the decision careful consideration.

royal truck bodies

I have experience with a gmc topkick with an arbortech extreme chip dump. 26,000 lbs, 1lb under cdl. Caterpiller diesel hauls the big wood all day 5 days a week for past 2 years. Best truck I've driven so far!

Thanks to all that answered and offered their opinions and advice. Anyone else out their have any dealings with Royal Truck Equip. TIA :)

I spoke with somebody a while back who had dealt with both Southco and Royal for his trucks. He said that he would never buy from Royal again. Southco on the other hand he spoke very highly of. A bunch of people I have spoken with LOVE Southco.

They build a cheap body. If you were going to go with a shop of that sort rather than a branded name like ARBORTECH, I would go through Timberland Truck and Equip out of New Jersey. I have had 2 trucks from him and would go back for a 3rd anyday. He builds a great body, answers the phone everytime you call with a questions. Great guy to deal with, and no bs. Real straight shooter. Builds the best body around WITH a removable roof

I disagree with you on Timberland Truck...he has high prices & I don't care for his bodies...I DO agree though about Royal...there is a guy here in NJ that has built many chipper trucks & actually my good friend has 3 of his right now, here's his info:

Transtar Custom Truck Bodies
www.transtartruck.com

Latest posts

Back