Rsk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruege84

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I walked into my dealer this morning and told him I needed a loop of RSC. He says, "We don't stock it, we've got RSK. That's what all the tree guys around here prefer."

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

A little more kick than I'm used to, but it sure was fun. I've never seen noodles like that before. Awesome chain. Now if only I could find more wood to play in....

That is a chain that I would like to try as well - if I had a 90 cc or larger saw - but I don't have one......:greenchainsaw:

It's going to kill you to hear this Troll because I know your dislike of the model, but my MS 310 pulled 20" of it completely buried without the slightest complaint.

:hmm3grin2orange:

I keep kind of regretting not going with the 361. But the 310 suits my needs and then some. I couldn't be happier.

No need to regret. The 361 is a nice saw but not everyone needs one. I got a bunch of happy 310 owners...

I sell a bunch of 310's I try to sell them on the 361 but they rather have a 310 and 200$ left in their pocket usually. Most of the people that buy 310's own 031's and 041's and don't trust lightweight saws.

That is a chain that I would like to try as well - if I had a 90 cc or larger saw - but I don't have one......:greenchainsaw:

What is the difference between the two, other than the RSK doesn't have the comfort raker?

It's not square ground. The way it was explained to me is that it is more agressive than RSC. And it surely doesn't have the comfort raker. But I didn't mind. The teeth stay wider towards the back, so it keeps cutting like new even after you've filed away half of the tooth. Or at least that's how he explained it to me. I will say it cut quicker than RSC, but also seemed to have more vibes. I liked it enough that I may not be going back to RSC anytime soon.

RSK is a really aggressive chain but RSC will cut faster. I like both chains. Have ran hundreds of loops of both, and I like RSC better. RSC is also smoother, but once RSK gets filed back some, like 1/2 way it starts to cut really fast. RSK takes a bigger kerf than RSC, I think that's why it cuts a hair slower. I have RSK on my 385xp and 660 right now, I have RSC on the 066.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Hey, lets do a poll, RSC, RSK, RSLK and then some from carlton and oregon?

RSK is a really aggressive chain but RSC will cut faster. I like both chains. Have ran hundreds of loops of both, and I like RSC better. RSC is also smoother, but once RSK gets filed back some, like 1/2 way it starts to cut really fast. RSK takes a bigger kerf than RSC, I think that's why it cuts a hair slower. I have RSK on my 385xp and 660 right now, I have RSC on the 066.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

I'll take your word for it. It makes sense that it would be slower with the bigger kerf. Maybe it was just the wood I was cutting that made it seem faster. :chainsaw:

No pics of the chain in action since my camera was in the apartment, but I did think to bring back some noodles for you guys. They're pretty good size. The second pic shows them next to my size 13 shoe for scale. And yes, that's mustard on my shoe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

No pics of the chain in action since my camera was in the apartment, but I did think to bring back some noodles for you guys. They're pretty good size. The second pic shows them next to my size 13 shoe for scale. And yes, that's mustard on my shoe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I hate mustard on my noodles,LOL.

It's going to kill you to hear this Troll because I know your dislike of the model, but my MS 310 pulled 20" of it completely buried without the slightest complaint.

I'll survive! :cheers:

Square ground. Hey troll ya don't need 90cc 70 will pull it easily.

RSK isn't sqare ground.

Last edited:
What is the difference between the two, other than the RSK doesn't have the comfort raker?

The "comfort" part of the RSC/RMC mainly is in the chassis - not the rakers, even thouh those also may make a slight difference.

The "old" RS/RM has the same rakers.......

That's what I thought, nice to have it confirmed! :clap: :clap:

You deserve rep, but I am out of bullets at the moment........:censored:

Latest posts

Back