Rsk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

24d

Turns Wood To Ashes
I'm understanding rsk and rslk are both the same chain just a different grind?
The rsc however is a lighter chain with enhanced comfort and safty features?

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I'm understanding rsk and rslk are both the same chain just a different grind?
The rsc however is a lighter chain with enhanced comfort and safty features?
The safety difference is just the ramped raker on the RSC, and the RSK does not have a low-vibe chassis. The RSK also cuts a wider kerf, and is best suited for really powerfull saws.
When filed quite a bit back, the RSK can be used on smaller saws like the 361, but only then imo.
The RSK will bore-cut better than the RSC, because of the different (non-ramped) raker.

I never used a RSK, so parts of the above is based on earlier statements by people I trust.

Butch(OH)

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have lots of handle time on RS and RSC and just a few hours on RSK but the RSK I have run is faster out of the box than the RSC. This is on my trusted old 036, Does that mean it has now ben elevated to super saw status? LOL. Anyway if a person has a decent 60CC saw and 20" bar he has no reason to shy away from RSK IMO. It aint goen to jerk the saw out of your hands nor kill the motor.

Austin1

Austin1

Addicted to ArboristSite
That is a chain that I would like to try as well - if I had a 90 cc or larger saw - but I don't have one......:greenchainsaw:
Why not? after 100cc everything gets blurry anyway:)
Sure you will say it is heavy, you don't need a big saw like that, My trees are not that big. Same can be said for me but I have broke the 100cc barrier and so can you.
As you can tell I am just trying to help here:greenchainsaw:
I ask is their any thing wrong with trying to help!
I say we start a thread Troll need's a bigger saw? Even if it is just for bragging rights.