Rugged made log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwilliams

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyone using a ruggedmade log splitter. Log lift is a nice feature and at only 2k for a 22 ton and 3k for a 37 ton does anyone have any experience with these or hear anything good or bad about them. Please let me know thanks john

I have the 37 ton version, works really good, no issues. I have made quite a few modifications added a big wheel in the front to move it around and to help lifting and lowering it.
probably four or five seasons ago.

I have had the 37 ton for 2 years now and split around 25 cords so far. Have the raven engine on mine and so far so good. I have also added some things to mine. Small wheel on front to help move it around in the shop its heavy. I welded some hooks so I can pick it up with the tractor to move it. When I first put mine together it had a valve that leaked and they sent a new one right to me.IMG_20190917_130623695spliter3.jpgIMG_20200304_154726981spliter2.jpgIMG_20201011_113526779_HDRspliter.jpgIMG_20210421_100129903_HDRsplit mod.jpg

I have had the 37 ton for 2 years now and split around 25 cords so far. Have the raven engine on mine and so far so good. I have also added some things to mine. Small wheel on front to help move it around in the shop its heavy. I welded some hooks so I can pick it up with the tractor to move it. When I first put mine together it had a valve that leaked and they sent a new one right to me.View attachment 905015View attachment 905016View attachment 905017View attachment 905018
thanks for the info

The things are awesome. Wanted the 28 ton but sold out so I got the 37 ton, log lift, Raven engine. I had 75 to 100 rounds 24" to 30" oak some green I hate noodling or standing up my old splitter because I have to work on my knees. So this was my reason for purchase. Kicked pile out with fun included. Only thing I warn is I bought 24" stroke and bump plate was 19.5" I called and ended up drilling other holes to get 23.5" stroke. Wish I had known up front to save time. Also maybe I had a bad battery but when it got cold mine would not start. Engine Manuel said 18ah or bigger so I got a 20Ah instead of 9ah and everything is great. Highly praise and can't believe more talk doesn't come up about them. Great product. David

I'am looking at a ramsplitter right now but mit go with the rugged 37 with 30 inch stock thank for info

Back