Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 12 cord truckload of logs delivered last week. Unfortunately, the trucker had to put them in the ditch, so I've been loading my new deckover and driving them back to my wood lot. It's taking more time than I hoped it would, but it's getting done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get an angry call from the township.

Here's my first load of the day today. We had freezing rain and then snow last night, so this load is a little smaller than the other two I've brought down. I was nervous about losing traction on the road and ending up in the ditch. rps20170117_145854_947.jpg

I was planning on buying a regular skid steer trailer with fenders to haul my tractor, but I got a great deal on this deckover. Holy smokes am I glad I got it. It's so much easier to load and unload. I'm actually just pushing the logs off the side once I get to the wood lot.

Well you guys are gona have to pull the weight for me for a while as I messed up the front diff of my wood truck. A 2wd extended cab long box even with chains doesn't go far in the snow here. There is power going into the diff and no 4x4 voodoo coming back out so I put a bore scope in there and spider gears went poooffy .... grrr...

I have a parts truck that'll pull up the shop and unbolt every thing and swap the pig's over in the great out doors.

40K+ views also, not bad for a bunch o guys haulin' fiber.

Take R easy and as usual .... keep on .... Runnin' Loads !!!

Shanen Mannies:
Good looking team of horses.
What breed are they??

Thanks
David

Latest posts

Back