Running alittle rich

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THALL10326 said:
Timber thats exactly what I've been trying to say. The more oil you put in the gas means the mix is richer. We are now in 100% complete agreement my friend. I have 16 Stihl's out in the shed, every size from the 064 to the tiny 020t. Your now welcome to any of them.

I think the shipping given the distance might be a bit of a hindrance there but thanks for the offer.

This thread ought to give people reading it a bit of a headache :dizzy:

But the end message is too little oil, or carb screws not adjusted rich enough, will both cook saws :D . The rest of the thread gives the details of why :p .

Timber it was interesting and fun as well. I think those who read all that will merely say those guys are nuts,lol. Yep it would cost me a bunch to send you my collection to use so your gonna have to send me a check for shipping,haha. You are very correct about saws failing due to old gas and storage. I couldn't agree with you more. I was trained at the Stihl factory in Virginia Beach and that was a huge issue they pointed out. So I surely won't take issue with you on that for you my friend are 100% correct.

THALL10326 said:
Timber I'm With Ya On This. I Understand Exactly What Your Saying, No Fussing With Ya On That. However What Max Said Was He Had Mixed His Fuel Alittle "strong" Meaning I Assume He Added Abit More Oil In His Gas Than Reqiured. He Never Said He Took Out Any Gas. He Asked If It Would Make His Saw Run Alittle Rich And The Answer Is No To A Certian Degree. If He Dumped A Quart Of Oil In A Gallon Of Gas Then Yep His Saw Would Be Running Real Rich, With Oil, Not Lean With Air /fuel Ratio Because He Never Said He Adjusted The Carb Settings. Settings Being The Same Means The Only Thing That Has Changed Is The Extra Oil He Put In The Fuel Mix. He's Merely Using More Oil And That's A Rich Condition, Not A Lean One. Air/fuel Ratio As You Say Is Not Fuel/oil Mix, They Are Two Different Things Entirey. By Joe I Think We're In Agreement Aren't We,lol

Wow, Just for the record I never said anything even close to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not start this thread about mixtures. I asked a question trying to understand something I was lacking in.

I do not have ANY problems mixing fuel or tuning my own saws. :bang:

This is getting nuts...:dizzy: Egos egos egos! Leave Max alone!

Max We Know You Never Said All That Were Yaking About. We We're Just Using Examples To Extreme. Me And Timber Have Been Having A Good Ole Time. I Gotta Send Timber A Bunch Of Saws Now That He And Me Are In Agreement. Im Waitng On Him To Send Me The Funds For Shipping,lolol..

Max he won't be mixing any fuel because I don't think Timber is going to send me the funds to ship the saws, lol. Max don't get Timber and me wrong now, we were just using examples to the utmost extreme. Timber is a very smart cat, he's knows what he is talking about. Him and me were just yaking back and forth like ole bull dogs, all in fun. None of it was meant to upset you or to use your question about your mix to beat the subject to death. If you've been running saws for 23 years I know you too know what your doing. So all in cool my friend. If you see Timber tell him to send lots of money, UPS tant cheap,lol

Latest posts

Back