Ryobi 50cc!!! Ry5020?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepyweasel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Stumbled across a 50cc 20" ryobi chainsaw on hd's website. I cant figure out what its clones from? I know the 37cc are zenoah based, but this one looks more like a homelite(at least the antivibe). Anyone got one of these ry5020 saws? It's on sale for $150 and comes with a "toolchest" style case.
FWIW, I haven't found a poulan, or homelite made in the last 30 years I want to cut with, but i had a earthquake 38?cc I muff modded and thought it was useable. Mostly I'm happy with my echo's though.

Mate they sell those here in Oz by the thousands. Good value for a cheapee. Nothing special about them. They should last a few years if you only use them every now and then. They are a Chinese clone of something. I don't suppose that matters. Makita have some of their smaller Dolmars made in China now too. So does stihl and husky.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Mate they sell those here in Oz by the thousands. Good value for a cheapee. Nothing special about them. They should last a few years if you only use them every now and then. They are a Chinese clone of something.
Yep, Australia's largest hardware chain is the exclusive source of Ryobi and Homelite. Funny ting is that they're 51cc here and 50cc at Home Depot.
Unlike the 37cc Zenoah licensed models, I tend to think they are a unique Ryobi design. There used to be a 41cc model too.

Latest posts

Back