?'s about a 064 muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladrhog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I bought an 064 in a box. came with a muffler that is kind of weird to me. The front cover has what appears to be a factory gap at the bottom in the front. Is this right. IMG_1292.jpg IMG_1293.jpg IMG_1294.jpg

Not completely understanding what issue you're referring to. The "cover" should fit snugly all the way around. So if it isn't flush, it's deformed.

If you look at the first picture there is a gap at the bottom of the muffler

That is a 066 cover on a 064 muffler. The covers are obviously different and if its like the one I had, you will either need the proper cover or install the whole complete 066 muffler.

Ok, now I get it. Yeah, you need a new muffler and one can be had from China for pretty cheap. Or maybe just come up with the right cover. It probably sounds pretty crappy with it leaking like that. I suppose if the sound doesn't bother you and the exhaust gasses aren't heating any parts of the saw, it could be run that way but it would bother me if it was mine...

judging by the cases it has been ran for quite a while. there is a lot of black soot on the cases

Latest posts

Back