sachs dolmar 153

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homelite360

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
does anyone know anything about a sachs dolmar 153? like displacement and power ratings. i purchased one and i am intrested in finding out stuff about it.

Hello Andrew,
The sacks-dolmar is a nice saw.the bore is55 mm and the stroke is42 mm, it is 100cc, 6.1 cubic inches the same size as a husky 2100 and the S1050 automatic homelite. Extremely well built saw. I helped jon rupley <sawrcer> modify one and he still races with it in the 6 cube class.I know its not red but it will do the job.If you want to sell it let me know.
Ken kdhotsaw@hotmail

whell i will give her a run and see how well she cuts. i plan on putting a full chisle chain on her and see what she will do. what would you have to do to her in the line of mods. i am a machinist by trade so i probably could most of the mods and let her rip. what would you suggest in the line of mods? i was planning on putting a v-stack and a k&n on her when i get it. but i have a feeling that she will be a beast.

O.K. Andrew,
the sacks 153 runs good stock but if you increase the transfer and exhaust timing, lower the intake down a little and daul port the muffler it will suprise you with the power output. thats stage 1, stage 2, advance the ignition 8 to 10 degrees, more compression by milling the base so you have .030 squish clearance and enlarge the carb venturi . stage 3, cut off the cylinder head and build a new cylinder head with a smaller combustion chamber and install a expansion chamber, install a ht-1 carb off a 084, buy a racing chain and you'll be able to go racing. probably run agains't Homedelight man
ken kdhotsaw

how do i go about increasing the transfer and exhaust timing? and when you say lower the intake down what would that pretain. i will appreacieate any information that you are willign to give me.

Hello Andrew,
WE use a dremel tool with a assortment of carbide bits and sanding rolls and rubber cratex finishing rolls. you have to raise the transfers and exhaust ports up about 1.5 to 2 mm. on the intake side you have to lower the intake duct or cut 2to 3 mm off the skirt of the piston to achieve the proper port timing figures

Ken Dunn kdhotsaw@hotmail

Hello Homelite360,

Having built many performance motors over the years, I would encourage you to let KDHotSaw modify your cylinder and piston.

Although I am not familiar with Ken's work, the grinding he is talking about is very precise in nature. Plus, mistakes can require replacing the entire part. Ken's experience alone is worth quite a lot.

Not everyone needs or wants a hot-rodded saw. Mostly, if a guy needs a stronger saw, he should just buy a bigger one.

A hot-rodded saw is good for winning contests, impressing your friends, and making you feel like you have something that no one else does. Pride in ownership and testosterone levels are definitely increased too!

one final question i do not have a bar on the saw yet i was wondering what mount bar that saw takes. it looks like it would take a bar with a slot that is 5/8" of an inch. does anyone know what type of saw takes that mount. i have heard that an 090 takes the same mount.

Hi Homelite 360
I saw in one of your early posts that you are a machinist by trade.Just use a Husky or Stihl bar and mill out the slot for the bar studs.They all have the oil holes at the same location.If you want to bring it with you this week end,I have Stihl and Husky bars that we can measure.
Dan

Hi Chain Gang and Darin,
Yes I suppose you guys are correct , It is precise work and just one little slip with a carbide cutter and you have cuts all over your barrel. perhaps andrew, you should start with a saw that parts are ready available. I think you might have trouble getting parts for your sacks-dolmar 153.
So chain gang, it sounds like you have modified some 2-stroke motors. what kind did you work on, chainsaw? Motorcycle? Karts? There is nothing like working on a 2-stroke for 2 or3 days and then starting it and hearing the different sound it makes after you modified it or sawing with it and it and it cuts about 40 percent faster than it did before

Ken dunn

4 months old? Check out the year. I was thinner with a lot less grey hairs when this thread was started.

Latest posts

Back