Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can now call my 133 project completly done.

Thanks to Plumcrazyjr for hooking me up with the chainbrake parts for it. I also picked up a recoil cover for it that isnt broken, its decal on it is wrong but it still looks fine to me this way. I also have had no luck finding dogs for it, so I made up my own set for it.

What do you guys think of them?

I'm starting to like this saw better all the time, the only thing I really don't care for is this dang 14mm Dolmar bar mount on it. Is there anyway to switch the studs out to something else? This 25" bar isnt doing this any justice but might be practical to use most of the time. I have a 33" Poulan branded Dolmar mount bar in .404 that I'm thinking of changing the nose to 3/8s to put on it. It should have enough power for that.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I can now call my 133 project completly done.

Thanks to Plumcrazyjr for hooking me up with the chainbrake parts for it. I also picked up a recoil cover for it that isnt broken, its decal on it is wrong but it still looks fine to me this way. I also have had no luck finding dogs for it, so I made up my own set for it.

What do you guys think of them?

I'm starting to like this saw better all the time, the only thing I really don't care for is this dang 14mm Dolmar bar mount on it. Is there anyway to switch the studs out to something else? This 25" bar isnt doing this any justice but might be practical to use most of the time. I have a 33" Poulan branded Dolmar mount bar in .404 that I'm thinking of changing the nose to 3/8s to put on it. It should have enough power for that.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

great job mark. Those dawgs came out awesome too. I am always on the hunt for SD saws.

Very nice saw Mark. Have any of you Dolly guys had any problems with the 9010's? Mine just took the piston out for the 2nd time and it hasn't had 15 tanks through it yet. It is still under warranty so they are supposed to replace it this time instead of just doing the top end. I love my Dolmars quite a bit, I own three of them and they are my favorite saws, but is there a design flaw in this model that anyone knows of?

Last edited:
Very nice saw Mark. Have any of you Dolly guys had any problems with the 9010's? Mine just took the piston out for the 2nd time and it hasn't had 15 tanks through it yet. It is still under warranty so they are supposed to replace it this time instead of just doing the top end. I love my Dolmars quite a bit, I own three of them and they are my favorite saws, but is there a design flaw in this model that anyone knows of?

My Dolmar guy has been a chainsaw tech for close to 40 years, starting as an apprentice in a Stihl dealership. I mention this only to say a trust his opinion more than any other dealer I've come across. I got to chatting with him a couple of times about this and that, get him to share his views. He likes the 6400, 7300, 510 and 5105... something about being overbuilt for their power. Acknowledges the 7900 but prefers the other two for durability. He does not like the 9000/9010, claims they have had too many issues though honestly I don't remember what they were... just know not to go there. Next time I see him I'll try to remember why. Just sharing his $0.02 worth.

I have had mine for a few years now and have not had any issues with mine.

I have had mine for a few years now and have not had any issues with mine.

Makes me feel a little better. Some of you recall that I was given some advice when I was thinking buying this saw to keep my eyes open for a 166 (you know who you are Sachsmo) and I wanted to support my dealer. Pretty close to wishing I had listened. That's the way it is though.

Look at the bright side Jim,
You DO have a warranty, and sounds like a good dealer.
If you went the 166 route, there are no cylinders to be had. And the only pistons I have heard of are the ones Lee had custom made by Wiseco.(don't know if there are any left)

Hope you get everything ironed out on that 9010.

Mark's a very smart man. It was only a matter of time. :hmm3grin2orange:

He sure is, he also just posted up a new lime green one today as well. :msp_thumbup:

I think he's becoming a equal oppertunity saw whore!!

Well maybe not, maybe he just completed owning one of every Mac ever made and is branching out. :hmm3grin2orange:

New to me S Dolmar 115

I came home in the rain tonight with a SD 115 in the back of the truck. I didn't,t measure the bar but it looks to be 18-20".

I went to a small country Echo dealer to get a piston assembly for a 3900 echo (which they didn't have) and I always ask about junkers.
The fella pulled the 115 from under a bench and said it had a scored piston. It is complete and decent looking. He wanted $30 for it but he took $20

This is my first Dolmar so I know nothing about parts availability or if this model is worth fixing. I'm sure I will fix it if I can get the parts.

I am open to any comments about this model.

Thanks

Also, the shop is small and owned by an Old Order Mennonite in business 2 years and has sold 3 new Echo saws but 15-16 trimmers. He is in Stihl country. Very nice fellow.

I came home in the rain tonight with a SD 115 in the back of the truck. I didn't,t measure the bar but it looks to be 18-20".

I went to a small country Echo dealer to get a piston assembly for a 3900 echo (which they didn't have) and I always ask about junkers.
The fella pulled the 115 from under a bench and said it had a scored piston. It is complete and decent looking. He wanted $30 for it but he took $20

This is my first Dolmar so I know nothing about parts availability or if this model is worth fixing. I'm sure I will fix it if I can get the parts.

I am open to any comments about this model.

Thanks

Also, the shop is small and owned by an Old Order Mennonite in business 2 years and has sold 3 new Echo saws but 15-16 trimmers. He is in Stihl country. Very nice fellow.

Richard, someone posted about maybe using a 115 piston in a Partner 5000 so the other day I was looking around some and seen the Greek on ebay listed a 115 piston so that might be a option. If you do find one how about saveing the old one so I can do some measurements off of it.

On the 9010 I'll just throw out there that I've had nary an issue with any of mine. I bought all of them used, anywhere from parts saws to LNIB, and they have all been reliable workhorses. No complaints at all. To be fair I guess I'd have to say they don't get run all that hard or often.

Mr. HE:cool:

Richard, someone posted about maybe using a 115 piston in a Partner 5000 so the other day I was looking around some and seen the Greek on ebay listed a 115 piston so that might be a option. If you do find one how about saveing the old one so I can do some measurements off of it.

I can send you any measurements you might need, Mark. Picts of them also if you need that,oh that was me that posted about the 115 fitting a P/P500

Sd 115

Mark

I will check that out on e-bay about a piston and I will save the old one for measurements if you want.

Jerry

Are the Partner and the Dolmar 115 related to each other in other ways or just the piston will work.

I will make the old piston available to Mark if he wants to actually fondle one.:smile2:

I am going to try to post a picture or two of the saw.

Latest posts

Back