Sad story about a Sach Dolmar 111

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greel

Reaction score
I found a Sachs Dolmar 111 (serial number 026/122016) in the junk. All of the mounts had broken and its shameful owner had wrapped a piece of wire around the broken mount above the clutch. I want to be very clear on this. Each of the four rubber mounts were sheared. Other than the piece of wire and a touch of fabric, there was nothing holding this engine to the handle but the bits of rubber jamming into eachother. Somebody at least had the kind of guts I hope never to have.

I figure the saw was put to junk because the flywheel got eaten out for being lose. This poor thing feels to have very good compression. It pulls fuel and even sparks. Just with the key eaten out of the flywheel it can only cough and die.

Can any one suggest where I could get a functional used flywheel for this otherwise good saw? The original flywheel has the number 027 141 030 on its inner side. I already found new mounts for it. I have thought about filling in the center of the wheel and grinding it out but I have only hand tools and a drill press for such work. The best I could produce would be very iffy.

John

Last edited:
Back