Samson Stable Braid bull rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at another Stable Braid bull rope, do you recommend the 5/8 or 3/4"? Also, 150 or 200'?

I was wanting to get this to...sounds like the 3/4 would be for the big heavy branches for rigging...200ft. would be for the tall pines, if you plan on dropping any in the near future. I have 1/2 80ft. for oak trees in my area, but need thicker stuff.

You crotching it or running it through blocks and a porty? Lookin at the larger rigging set from wesspur. I bought the smaller set and have made good use of it replacing the lines and slings over the years. I have been very pleased with the performance of samson stablebraid, worth every penny!

I like to buy 200' of the 5/8's for heavier rigging. Like that I KNOW that I can reach the ground. Also I use it for pulling trees over, so it's got the length. The 3/4 I have 150' and it's been ok. I only use that for really heavy pulls. Depends on what you are working on though.

200 ft 5/8.... AWESOME. If you need bigger, than u need a crane... You can hang pretty much anything off of 5/8.... Great dynamic shock rope for butt tying trunks too...

Truthfully...I cant picture myself ever doing much, if anything, that I couldn't do with 5/8 stable braid. I just cut to size so I never overload it and that still leaves some big honkin cuts. I was never one for huge cuts anyway, not my style. I have 150 of 5/8. Now that I use a porta wrap there is no doubt I will get 200 ft next time.

Looking at another Stable Braid bull rope, do you recommend the 5/8 or 3/4"? Also, 150 or 200'?

Well how big is the wood you are taking, I am guessing kind of big? I like my lines to be 200' they have more utility when chunking big wood with a porty set in a tailhold position with a redirect to the block. It just allows more rope in the system to take the shock and they last longer. A 5/8 will handle the good share if not all of your rigging need aside from the huge stuff. I use my 3/4 as my pull line for the most part.

Gotta laugh cuz lot of the hacks around here buy big dia. cheap honkin ship anchor line and fight with it thinking it is safer. Cheap is no economy.

Do a lot of you keep records on rope/sling usage? Rope used, service date started, washing, damage, retirement date or early termination?

Latest posts

Back