Sap out of clothing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastbub

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I know, a silly question, but all my work shirts are covered in sap after a big pine job this week. How do I get it off? :confused:

They have a soap for this at most arborist supplies, but what I use that works well is.... fast orange/Gojo I just apply it to where the sap is let it set for a minute or so & then hand scrub with brush.

gets alot of it off & momma wont be upset when she grabs those work clothes & gets a handful of pine gel/tar!!!

LXT................

Sorry, but I wouldn't let SAP anywhere near my clothes!!!!

Sorry, had to do it:)

The citrus cleaners, even the wipes, have been very good at removing nasty things from my clothing!

They have a soap for this at most arborist supplies, but what I use that works well is.... fast orange/Gojo I just apply it to where the sap is let it set for a minute or so & then hand scrub with brush.

gets alot of it off & momma wont be upset when she grabs those work clothes & gets a handful of pine gel/tar!!!

LXT................

Yup! Gojo works great on sap!

Several types of anti-bacterial hand treatments are found to be quite effective for removing sap from skin but not sure about clothes. Gojo sounds good though.

Another green option i plan to highlight in upcoming catalog is utilizing food grade vegetable oil for bar oil lubricant in chainsaws! :chainsaw: Before heeding this advice make sure it's of proper viscosity (thickness) to stick to bar. I'll try to remember to check back with further detail. Everybody probably already know this one. I hear it smells quite appetizing.

cheers

butter and margarine work on sap on skin, might on shirts too. Carb cleaner works on pine pitch on saws, might as well for your shirts

Now I need something to get Goblin's out of my house! They just come up out of nowhere the other day!!
I don't know if they are angry spirits that live under the house, or remenants of people from my past!!
Any ideas?

Now I need something to get Goblin's out of my house! They just come up out of nowhere the other day!!
I don't know if they are angry spirits that live under the house, or remenants of people from my past!!
Any ideas?

You're going to need an old priest, and a young priest. :greenchainsaw:

dr bronner's pure castile soap-works for almost ANYTHING. be sure to read the ENTIRE label. fwiw.

Pine pitch

White gas. I think it's called "washing gas" in some other places. Works great. Don't smoke while you do it.

Latest posts

Back