Saturated chain saw market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How many new brands of chainsaws are hitting the market today. How many offerings can the market handle? Between the hutzl, joncutter, dereal,, coocheer, Salem master, supmix, x-bull, KGK, extreme power US, ect, we’re talking $100+ saws. How much can the market handle. Besides Husqvarna, stihl, poulan pro, echo, makita, ect. The cheap bargain basement saws seem to be targeting the homeowner market. Any thoughts?

Maybe we need a sticky for reviews of the saws someone purchased happy or not?

The coocheer, Remington, joncutter, xbull and others are all clones of Zenoah G series saws, they are surprisingly well built, mag case with bolt on cylinders...tuned way lean and burnup by unsuspecting homeowners.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

How many new brands of chainsaws are hitting the market today. How many offerings can the market handle? Between the hutzl, joncutter, dereal,, coocheer, Salem master, supmix, x-bull, KGK, extreme power US, ect, we’re talking $100+ saws. How much can the market handle. Besides Husqvarna, stihl, poulan pro, echo, makita, ect. The cheap bargain basement saws seem to be targeting the homeowner market. Any thoughts?

My thoughts are, you buy a throwaway saw, you'll be throwing it away.

Only a few of those brands are worth buying new. I haven’t bought a “new” saw in 16 years, and that was my first saw, a Dolmar 540. Pro saw built to last I paid a lot then and I didn’t have a lot of disposable income at that time. But I’ve put many hours on it and aside from bars, chains and a couple rims it’s cost nothing. Since then I’ve had well over 600 saws come and go. All my work saws (about 20) were used except for the Dolmar and my poulan pro 330. I’ve saved thousands of dollars and they are all reliable saws. Also pro saws. Newer or older I don’t own any consumer saws. They aren’t worth the money to me. They are more difficult to work on, heavy for their power and less well built. But if I needed a new saw I buy Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar or echo. I wouldn’t consider anything else

The coocheer, Remington, joncutter, xbull and others are all clones of Zenoah G series saws, they are surprisingly well built, mag case with bolt on cylinders...tuned way lean and burnup by unsuspecting homeowners.

Craftsman, ryobi, EFCO now, powering, blue max.

Four zenoah models they use are the g2500, g3800, g5200, and the g621 with a fair bit of build variation in each.

There's a couple of lengthy threads about these saws that should be stickies.

Four zenoah models they use are the g2500, g3800, g5200, and the g621 with a fair bit of build variation in each.
Still baffles me i was able to take a 46cc Remington and bolt on a complete 18 dollar top end off ebay and make it 58cc...and it ran perfectly..

Joe25Da how do you like the Poulan Pro 330 I bought a used pretty beat up one an d find it a well running saw.I was surprised by the performance it has good speed and power.
Kash
They are excellent saws. Poulan put together a real nice machine for their last pro saw. 54 cc, chrome bore bolt on jug, mag case, adjustable oil pump, spring anti vibe. Fully adjustable carb, no epa crap, easily modded muffler. Take 3/8” full chisel up to 20” bar good, I like a 16” on mine. Spin up happy to 14,500 stock. Made in USA. Also a great looking saw

They are excellent saws. Poulan put together a real nice machine for their last pro saw. 54 cc, chrome bore bolt on jug, mag case, adjustable oil pump, spring anti vibe. Fully adjustable carb, no epa crap, easily modded muffler. Take 3/8” full chisel up to 20” bar good, I like a 16” on mine. Spin up happy to 14,500 stock. Made in USA. Also a great looking saw
What saw is that you're referring to, Joe? Is it the Poulan Pro PR5020 like this?

https://www.poulanpro.com/us/products/chainsaws/pr5020/967061501/

Is that pp330 30 cc?
I just don’t understand how the Chinese can manufacture a saw so cheap. Of course they aren’t tops in quality. Now that Husqvarna seems to be relabeling other manufacturers saws I wonder where they are headed. They could out source smaller saws or all of them?

My last three new saws were the Husqvarna 353, 575, 385xp maybe a decade + ago. I probably have 75 to 100 husky saws. Some need Tlc. Learning from about 45 years of experience the 60 cc saws and up really start to cut faster.

Is that pp330 30 cc?
I just don’t understand how the Chinese can manufacture a saw so cheap. Of course they aren’t tops in quality. Now that Husqvarna seems to be relabeling other manufacturers saws I wonder where they are headed. They could out source smaller saws or all of them?

My last three new saws were the Husqvarna 353, 575, 385xp maybe a decade + ago. I probably have 75 to 100 husky saws. Some need Tlc. Learning from about 45 years of experience the 60 cc saws and up really start to cut faster.
The 330 isn’t Chinese and the saw isn’t 30cc, it’s 54cc. Their last real pro saw. 330 means 3.3 cubic inch

Latest posts

Back